Greetings Designers and Design Families,
Happy Friday! This week was another exciting week at DVD – and for our Seniors, it ended with fun and food: our 2nd Annual Multicultural Food Fair. This event is the culmination of a project done in the Ethnic Studies class at the end of their unit on identity. Students analyzed the importance of food as an expression of identity, and celebrated with a potluck where students shared appetizers, entrees and desserts important to their cultural background or ethnicity. See picture below!
Progress reports are being mailed home today, September 29th. The purpose of this is to give families the opportunity to have a snapshot of student progress, and to be able to have a conversation at home with students about how to stay successful in school. This information will also be used by teachers and counselors in their plans to support all students. Please follow up with your child’s teachers directly with any questions about assignments or grades.
If you do not receive a progress report in the mail by Friday, 10/6, please reach out by calling Da Vinci Design at 310-725-5800, or send an email Office Manager Maria Beltran at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a digital progress report for your child.
See the Bell Schedule of Week 8 here:
Student Led Conferences Coming Soon!
This is a reminder that Student Led Conferences (SLCs) for Da Vinci Design students are happening on-campus and in-person Monday, Oct. 16th through Thursday, Oct. 19th. This is a time when all parents/guardians should expect to visit campus for a meeting with their child and one grade level teacher. We are excited to share that we are updating practices to keep meetings timely, to increase teacher involvement, and to launch a new biannual survey that is faster and easier to complete. Please check the blog next week for more SLC information and schedules.
Upcoming Events and Key Dates:
- Friday, 9/29: Progress Reports Mailed Home
- Tuesday, 10/3: Loyola Marymount University Rep Visit
- Wednesday, 10/4: Coffee w/ Admin (Two Sessions: 8am & 5pm)
- All parents/guardians for DVD are welcome to join a session!
- Join via Zoom: https://davincischools-org.zoom.us/j/92582666969
- Please join to hear about important school updates and for Q&A with our DVD admin team! Hope to see you there!
- Wednesday, 10/4: Whittier College Rep Visit
- Tuesday, 10/10: Salve Regina University Rep Visit
- Wednesday, 10/11: University of the Pacific Rep Visit
- Thursday, 10/12: PSAT Day (9th/10th/11th Grade)
- Friday, 10/13: Staff Development – NO SCHOOL
- Mon, 10/16 – Thurs, 10/19: Student Led Conferences (SLCs) – Minimum Days
Campus Highlight: 12th Grade Multicultural Food Fair 2023 – Friday, September 29th