Greetings Designers and Design Families!
As we approach the end of the school year, it is an important time to be able to get the best understanding of our students’ learning and achievement so that we can start planning supports and curriculum for next year. Some important tools for assessing our students are MAP growth testing and CAASPP state testing. We begin testing next week for 9th-11th grades.
National Teacher Appreciation Week is May 8-12th. Stay tuned for more information coming out soon for how to celebrate our teachers! If you are interested in coordinating or helping out with providing breakfast and treats for staff this week, please reach out to Nicole Tafoya know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are just six weeks left of school before POLs (Presentations of Learning) begin. This is a great time to check grades and make plans for improvement (if needed) before the end of the semester. Students can expect mastery grades to be updated by teachers on Monday, 5/8. You can check grades on Canvas or PowerSchool, whichever is easiest for you. If you notice any discrepancies, please let the teacher know.
A message from the Wiseburn Education Foundation (WEF): Wiseburn Education Foundation’s Rock Around the Block is TOMORROW on April 29th at Dana Middle School. Did you know that WEF runs a Rock Around the Block silent auction, which is live right now? You can log on to WEF’s auction website at bit.ly/RABAuction2023 to view and bid on items such as restaurant gift cards, summer camps, museum tickets, and more! You also will not want to miss the “School Packages” category, which has items such as front-row seats for graduations and end-of-the-year concerts, principal for a day, and special experiences with your student’s favorite teachers. Bidding on items in this auction is an easy way to support WEF, because 100% of winning bids will go right back to our schools, teachers, and students. The auction ends on Saturday, April 29th at 9pm, so don’t miss out!
See the Week 33 Bell Schedule here:
Key Dates and Upcoming Events:
- Monday, May 1st: 10th Grade College Field Trip
- Mon, May 1st – Tues, May 2nd:
- 11th Grade CAASPP (ELA)
- 10th Grade MAP testing (Tuesday Only)
- 9th Grade MAP testing
- Wednesday, May 3rd 5pm-6:30pm: School Site Council #5 / Parent Advisory Council
- ZOOM Link: https://zoom.us/j/94882696159
- Agenda: 1) LCAP Review and Parent Feedback
- All are welcome – please email Mr. Stoll for pre-meeting information
- Friday, May 5th: NO SCHOOL (Staff Development) + PROM NIGHT
- Wed, May 10th – Thurs, May 11th:
- 11th Grade CAASPP (Math)
- 10th Grade MAP testing
- 9th Grade MAP testing
- Thursday, May 25th: Senior Showcase (A DVD Senior Project Exhibition)
- Monday, May 29th: NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day Holiday)
- Friday, June 2nd: Senior Grad Nite (@ Disneyland)
- Tues, May 30th – Tues, June 6th: Presentations of Learning (Minimum Days)
- Wednesday, June 7th: Last Day of School! (Minimum Day)
- Thursday, June 8th: DVD Graduation Commencement Ceremony
- Time/Location: 9am at 201 N. Douglas St Campus