Thank you to all Da Vincians who joined us on Wednesday 10/28 for our Financial Aid Workshop for Senior Families. In this workshop, we provided a step-by-step explanation of the federal student financial aid process. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was explained along with grants, federal loans and scholarships. The session was recorded and can be found HERE.
Important Reminders and Resources on Financial Aid:
• The FAFSA opened on October 1st and is due March 2nd for CSUs, UCs, and California Community Colleges. The FAFSA deadlines for private and out-of-state universities vary. Please check their respective websites for financial aid deadlines We encourage you to apply early!
• To complete and sign a FAFSA electronically, both the student and the parent need an FSA ID. You can create your FSA ID here and here is a video on creating an FSA ID
• If you are applying to a private college, you many need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS Profile. The CSS Profile is used to assess the student for institutional aid, which may include merit-based aid. Here is a list of colleges that requires the CSS Profile.
• If you are an undocumented student, you may be eligible for the state aid and institutional aid. Please complete the DREAM Act Application to apply for these funds. Please connect with your counselor if you need support with this process.
• If you are or were a foster youth, you may qualify for the CHAFEE Grant. Please connect with your counselor if you need support with this process.
As always, please reach out to your respective counselor if you have any questions.
The University of California, Merced is offering several webinars for prospective first year and transfer students this week to help make sure they have information and resources about how to apply at their fingertips.
Tonight Nov.1: About You/ Campus Choice and Majors Students can register here to join us online tonight, Monday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m. PDT for the first in a series of Discover workshops that are designed to offer them live support while they work on different sections of their application. Tonight’s session will focus on the “About You” and “Campus Choice and Majors” portions of the application.
Tuesday, Nov. 2 | 4 to 6 p.m. PDT : UC Application Advising Session Online (via Zoom) Register here.
Prospective applicants are invited to join a group advising session and meet one-on-one with an Admissions Advisor. They can ask questions about admission requirements, the UC application and more!
Wednesday, Nov. 3 | 7 to 8 p.m. PDT : Navigating the Personal Insight Questions Online (via Zoom) Register here.
The UC Merced Admissions team will offer tips for students on how to best present themselves while completing the required Personal Insight Questions on the University of California application.
Our Spirit Week is a wrap! We got “far out” and “totally rad” on Decades Day, flexed our creativity with “Anything But A Backpack Day”, and we closed out the week with a frighteningly fun Community Dialogue in our costumes today. A special congratulations goes out to our 11th grade (aka: the Junior Jack-O-Lanterns) for winning our grade-level hub design contest. See some of the photo highlights below from our spooky CD, and a photo of the winning hub design, too.
The bell schedule for Week 12 is here, with key dates and announcements below:
Key Dates & Events
College Visit: College for Creative Studies – Tuesday, Nov. 2nd @ 12:15pm
Senior Art Portfolio Review: Wednesday, Nov. 3rd
Veteran’s Day Holiday (No School): Thursday, Nov. 11th
On Tuesday November 2 @ 6 pm The California Department of Education, San Diego Office of Education and Project Cal-Well have partnered up to provide a parent webinar to address anxiety. This webinar will offer coping strategies, tools and resources to support your children/teens who might be feeling overwhelmed, stressed or anxious.
Girls soccer will have a parent meeting on Thursday Nov. 4th starting at 7:15pm. It will be held in the west plaza of 201 N. Douglas St. This is for the varsity and jv teams. Coach Justiniano will cover the expectations of the program along with other important information. This will also be your chance to ask questions.
TONIGHT, Wednesday, October 27th, 5pm – 6pm the Da Vinci Counselors from Communications, Design, and Science and Connect will be hosting a FAFSA Workshop Night. All College applicants must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to qualify for financial aid (ex. grants, loans, scholarships). The FAFSA opened on October 1st and is due March 2nd for CSUs, UCs, and Community Colleges in California. FAFSA deadlines for private and out-of-state universities vary. So please check those school’s financial aid websites and apply early!
This ZOOM webinar event will allow counselors to present the application step by step on how to fill out the FAFSA application. There will be a Q&A in the chat feature on ZOOM. Please click on the link below to join the webinar:
To fully sign and submit the FAFSA during the webinar, student and parent(s) must apply for their FSA ID and have it verified. CLICK ON THIS LINK for a helpful video that will walk you through the steps to apply for your FSA ID.
We will be recording this webinar. Hope to see you there!