Diversity CD Celebration & Week 27 Preview
Greetings Designers and Design Families,
Today, we wrapped up the week with another amazing Community Dialogue at DVD! Our assembly today, hosted by our Diversity Council, was all about celebrating the diversity of our school community. The program included a fashion show of different cultural garments, dances from different cultures, displays of foreign language, and of course some culturally themed art work from our very own Design students. A huge shout out and thank you goes to our student-led Diversity Council and their counselor advisor Pam Baker! See below for pictures!
Next week, Student Led Conferences begin! Every student and parent is expected to participate in leading an SLC this semester. SLCs will happen in-person and on campus unless a Zoom meeting is requested. See below for SLC schedules and details.
Student Led Conferences (SLCs): Grade Level Resources
Please click links below to access SLC materials and read carefully:
- 9th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Sign-Up Link (via Sign Up Genius)
- 10th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Sign-Up Link (via Sign Up Genius)
- 11th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Schedule Link
- 12th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Sign-Up Link (via Sign Up Genius)
Week 27 Bell Schedule: Student Led Conferences
Reminder: We have minimum days Mon-Thurs (3/13-3/16) next week. Students will be released at 1:45pm. Friday (3/17) will be a staff development day and classes will not be in session.
Key Dates and Upcoming Events:
- Week 27 (3/13 – 3/16): Student Led Conferences (minimum days)
- Friday, March 17th: NO SCHOOL – Staff Development
- Tuesday, March 28th: 5:30pm-7:30pm: Exhibition Night! (9th, 10th and 11th grade)
- Friday, March 31st: NO SCHOOL – Cesar Chavez Holiday
- April 3rd – April 7th: NO SCHOOL – Spring Break!
- April 10th: School resumes!
Week 26 Highlight: Diversity Community Dialogue