BHM CD, Spirit Week and Week 24 Preview
Greetings Designers and Design Families!
We are wrapping up a fantastic and fun week at DVD! We handed out roses to each student on Valentine’s Day, we showed out with our Spirit Week dress up days, and we culminated it all with an amazing community dialogue assembly celebrating Black History Month. CD, hosted by our awesome Black Student Union and their advisors, had the whole school community sharing in the joy as we had games, dancing, awards, and even a Soul Train style fashion show, all backed by a live DJ. See below for photos!
Next week, we have a short schedule due to the President’s Day holiday. See the Week 24 schedule here:
Key Dates and Upcoming Events:
- Monday, February 20th: NO SCHOOL – President’s Day Holiday
- Wednesday, February 22nd @4:30pm: School Site Council Meeting #4
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/96326418680
- Agenda: 1) EL / Title 1 Updates, 2) School Stakeholder Survey Review pt. 2, 3) CCSPP Community Schools Grant Wish List
- Wednesday, March 1st: Coffee w/ Admin Parent Session
- Agenda: Fentanyl & Youth Drug Abuse Resources
- (Two Sessions: 8am & 5pm, via Zoom – all parents welcome!)
- Week 27 (3/13 – 3/16): Student Led Conferences (minimum days)
- Friday, March 17th: NO SCHOOL – Staff Development
Week 23 Highlights: Black History Month CD & Valentine’s Day Rose Welcome