Week 5 Preview: After School Tutoring & School Site Council Interest
Greetings Designers and Design Families,
What an exciting week! Our first CD, a Cultural Food Fest in 12th grade, and we had a lovely Back to School Night event. It was so great to have parents, families, and lots of alumni siblings back on campus. If you were not able to join us on campus Thursday night, not to worry – you can find the Back to School Night presentations given from each grade level by clicking on the links here:
- Team 9 Back to School Night Slides (Sept. 9th, 2022)
- Team 10 Back to School Night Slides (Sept. 9th, 2022)
- Team 11 & 12 Back to School Night Slides (Sept. 9th, 2022)
Next week, we have a short week due to a scheduled Professional Development Day – there is no school on Friday, 9/16. See the bell schedule for the coming week here:
Please take a moment to review our updated School Year Calendar (also linked in the “Resources Section”) as we have made a few changes and additions including our first School Site Council meeting after school (via Zoom) on Wednesday 9/28.
Da Vinci Design is once again offering Individualized Tutoring and After School Support, Monday-Thursday until 5pm, starting next week! This program is open to all students. The After School Drop-In Support will happen in the Wooden Room at the top of the stairs. No appointment needed! Students: If you have a question or don’t understand what is going on in class, just swing by. For more information, stay tuned for more information coming to the blog, or reach out to tutor Jay Mitsch at email@example.com for more info.
The School Site Council is looking for new members! School Site Council is an opportunity for parents/guardians, students, & staff to work collaboratively to review the school program, review data and identify needs, make recommendations for the Local Control and Accountability Plan, and approve the Single/School Plan for Student Achievement.
- If you are a parent/guardian who is interested in joining the DVD School Site Council, please fill out this School Site Council Parent interest form by Friday 9/16.
- If you are a student who is interested in joining the DVD School Site Council, please fill out this School Site Council Student interest form by Friday 9/16.
All submissions will be added to a voting form that will go out to the DVD parent community on September 19. School Site Council members will be notified on Friday September 23, and the first School Site Council meeting will be held after school (via Zoom) on Wednesday, September 28. If you have any questions, feel free to send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Key Dates & Reminders
- Thursday, 9/15: DV Club Fair
- Friday, 9/16: No School – Staff Development
- Wednesday, 9/28 @4:30pm: School Site Council Meeting #1 (via Zoom)
- Wednesday, 10/12: PSAT/SAT Testing Day
- Thursday, 10/13 – Friday, 10/14: No School – Staff Development
- 10/17-10/21: Student-Led Conferences (SLCs)