Internship Opportunity: Social Media Student Intern for WDV Athletics
WDV Athletics is seeking a creative and enthusiastic Social Media Student Intern who will help highlight athletic teams, players, and game highlights. We need a social media student intern who can post content on Instagram and Twitter, and coordinate interactions between our team social channels. This unpaid internship also offers the intern the opportunity to work in partnership with Da Vinci’s Marketing & Communications team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail in grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Familiar with social media including Instagram and Twitter
- Graphic Design experience preferred: Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva, etc.
- Ability to engage with individuals of varying ages and backgrounds
- Self-motivated, comfortable in taking initiative
- Great attitude – willingness to learn, ability to multitask
Responsibilities for the Social Media Intern:
- Assist in managing the WDV Athletics Instagram and Twitter pages with a specific focus on sharing athlete stories, celebrating game results, featuring support for teams, sharing tryout information and upcoming games, and other relevant events
- Use graphics and photography/video to create visually appealing and creative content
- Interact with the WDV Athletics fanbase
- Report to weekly social media meeting, brainstorm ideas
This is a great opportunity for a talented student who is interested in leveraging their passion for athletics and social media/marketing. Interested applicants must be in their freshman, sophomore, or junior year. The internship will start immediately and will continue for the remaining part of the semester. To apply please submit a cover letter, resume and three to five examples of social media posts you have created that highlight your talent as a social media content creator to Donald Moreland at firstname.lastname@example.org. Time Commitment: Approximately 3 hours per week. Most of the work will be remote.