The deadline has been extended until Sunday, April 23rd at mindnight for the below internship positions. To apply, please send Natasha Morse (firstname.lastname@example.org) your resume and cover letter saved in pdf format as “first name last name resume” and “first name last name cover letter”.
You will also need to attend the Internship Interview Fair next Wednesday, 4/26 from 4:00pm-5:30pm at Da Vinci Design/Communications.
You can find more resources and information at www.dvrealworldlearning.com
Susan G. Komen: Susan G. Komen is the most widely known, largest and best-funded breast cancer organization in the United States. Since its inception in 1982, Komen has raised and donated nearly $1.5 billion for breast cancer education, research, advocacy, health services and social support programs in the U.S. and through partnerships in more than 50 countries. If you are interested in health sciences, non-profit, medical, and/or marketing then you will love this internship! Interns will support the day to day operations of Susan G. Komen through event planning, creation of flyers/posters, calling database. Interns will also attend some Race for the Cure events where they will help set up and pass out health information.
Habitat for Humanity: Habitat for Humanity is non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of eliminating sub-standard housing in the greater LA area and throughout the world. The Torrance “ReStore” is a Home-Improvement Thrift Store, which serves as a funding source for Habitat for Humanity. If you have an interest in marketing, non-profit, and/design, you will love this internship! The internships available are:
- Communications and E-Commerce Internship at the Torrance ReStore-This internship position helps increase community awareness of the Torrance Restore and drives new customers to the ReStore. Interns wil: 1) Work with the marketing team to provide interesting info/updates about the ReStore for social media posts 2 )Work with the ReStore managers and regularly monitor the donated items to identify potential items to be posted for sale 3) Post items for sale on several on-line sites including Diggerslist, Craigslist and Ebay 4) Reply to interested parties, answer questions and help to facilitate the sale of those items 5) Regularly communicate with the ReStore staff to know when an item has sold and remove sold items from listings
- Torrance ReStore Merchandising & Customer Relations-This internship is a hands-on position working on the sales floor at the Torrance ReStore. Interns will help to merchandise/display the donated items in the store in order to make the items more appealing and the overall shopping experience more pleasurable. This includes freshening, cleaning, straightening items on the sales floor, and making them more accessible to shoppers. You may create interesting displays to feature specific items. This internship will also work with the marketing team to create a “Before & After” display for each store, showing how items found in the ReStore can be repurposed or transformed. Additionally, this internship may also conduct in-person customer surveys with the goal of improving the overall customer experience.
- Design and DIY Workshops at the Torrance ReStore-Create and/or help to manage “Do It Yourself” (DIY) monthly workshops at our Habitat ReStores. Student interns can act as leaders or supporters in this position depending on capacity and skill level. Responsibilities include: 1) Create the DIY concepts, showing how to “upcycle”, repurpose or transform items 2) Identify and secure the individuals who will teach each workshop 3) Help manage the creative process for the promotional material 4) Coordinate on-site logistics for workshops with the ReStore staff 5) Manage the day-of workshop activities 6) Take pictures or workshops and post on social media 7) Provide a brief report upon completion of each workshop
Farmer Mark Farmer’s Markets: Farmer Mark runs and operates farmer’s markets around Los Angeles. He operates five certified farmers’ markets and a non-profit organization Sprouts of Promise. If you love the environment, community, and local food this internship is for you! Interns will work with the market manager on various tasks such as logistics, communication with the farmers and vendors, greeting customers, social media posts, working the information booth, beginning and end of the market set up and breakdown, and market counts and documentation.
New Earth: New Earth is a non profit that empowers juvenile justice youth ages 13-25 to transform their lives, move toward positive, healthier life choices, and realize their full potential as contributing members of our community. They are looking for the following types of interns:
- Social media and digital editing intern – This is a wonderful opportunity for a student that is interested in communications, writing, digital media, and/or Public Relations. Intern will help develop social media content for the organization and help create and edit promotional short video shorts that can be used in a variety of platforms. Qualifications: • Concise and personal tone in written communication • Knowledge of a wide variety of social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter • Knowledge of Photoshop and video editing tools a plus • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Non-Profit Administration and Fundraising Intern- Many of New Earth’s programs are run with the help of high-level volunteers. This person would have exposure to all of New Earth’s programs and really get to see the inner-workings of a non- profit and the juvenile justice system. Intern will help with day-to-day administrative support in the New Earth Arts and Leadership Center. Tasks may involve planning special events and fundraisers, answering phones, creating office systems, ordering supplies, data entry, etc. Qualifications: • Well organized and high attention to detail • Strong computer knowledge and skills, proficient in Microsoft office, excel, and PPT • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Classroom Support Internship- This is a great opportunity for students interested in teaching or being a social worker. Intern will supporting the John Muir Charter School teachers with classroom activities, developing engaging learning opportunities, preparing class materials, etc. Qualifications: • Well organized and high attention to detail • Respectful and willing to be open minded regarding the student’s backgrounds. • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Spoken Word FLOW Internship – This is a great opportunity for students interested in Spoken Word, poetry, and performance. This intern will organize the gallery of New Earth student poetry and begin to create a book of poems. Ideally, the student intern will create a few poetry pamphlets that can be used in New Earth marketing materials. Qualifications: • Well organized and high attention to detail • Interest in poetry and spoken word • Respectful and willing to be open minded regarding the student’s backgrounds. • Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
FIDM: FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising is a design college that is a force in the Fashion, Graphics, Interior Design and Entertainment Industries. If you love marketing and/or fashion, this internship is for you!
- Fashion Club Internship – Assist the Fashion Club Manager to enhance the FIDM Social Ambassador program through supporting day to day operations, events, social media, and other duties as necessary.
- Marketing Internship – Interns support the Social Media Marketing Department to work in FIDM’s official social media presences including but not limited to Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Facebook, Tumblr and Pinterest to create content including photos, written text, videos and more. Tasks could include: Interviewing current students for Snapchat, designing social media graphics for Twitter, developing hashtag contests, participating in marketing focus groups, photographing and interviewing students for blog posts, analyzing social media reports to measure performance, contributing ideas to our digital PR strategy, and writing captions for Instagram photos.