Hi Da Vinci Families,
Just a friendly reminder that there will be another FAFSA workshop tomorrow November 5 from 4:30PM-6:00PM. This workshop contains the same information as the previous one hosted last month, but please feel free to attend if you need clarification or a refresher. In this workshop, we will provide a step-by-step explanation of the federal student financial aid process along with grants, federal loans and scholarships.
There will be one more FAFSA workshop on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 from 4:30-6:00PM.
Here are some important reminders and resources:
• The FAFSA opened on October 1st and is due March 2nd for CSUs, UCs, and California Community Colleges. The FAFSA deadlines for private and out-of-state universities vary. Please check their respective websites for financial aid deadlines We encourage you to apply early!
• To complete and sign a FAFSA electronically, both the student and the parent need an FSA ID.
• If you are applying to a private college, you many need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS Profile. The CSS Profile is used to assess the student for institutional aid, which may include merit-based aid. Here is a list of colleges that requires the CSS Profile.
• If you are an undocumented student, you may be eligible for the state aid and institutional aid. Please complete the DREAM Act Application to apply for these funds. Please connect with your counselor if you need support with this process.
• If you are or were a foster youth, you may qualify for the CHAFEE Grant. Please connect with your counselor if you need support with this process.
As always, please reach out to your respective counselor if you have any questions.
Have a great rest of the week!