Dear DVD Families of the Class of 2021,
We are excited to share with you the details of an important way to commemorate this important year: Senior Portraits! We have partnered with Stacee Lianna Photography to provide you the opportunity to get professional cap-and-gown photos to share with family and friends.
For DVD, the photos will be taken on Saturday, December 5th and Sunday, December 6th from 10 am – 3:30 pm at the Da Vinci Campus (201 N. Douglas St.). Please sign up here for an appointment.
The appointment to take the photos is free of charge, and families will have several options to purchase digital or printed images You are able to pay for the digital images at the time of the appointment, and you are able to purchase printed packages when the photos are available online. For information about pricing, please read this flyer. All senior portraits will be available for purchase at this website: Da Vinci Schools – StaceeLianna
We want each student to receive their cap and gown prior to the appointment. As such, we have scheduled a cap-and-gown pickup for Monday, November 30th. We will be providing you with more details as the date approaches, but please mark your calendars now.
To summarize, here are the important dates and next steps:
Cap-and-Gown Pickup is Monday, November 30th (times TBD)
Senior Portraits are Saturday, December 5th and Sunday, December 6th; make an appointment at DVD Senior Portrait Sign-Up
If you have questions regarding the portraits and the packages, please contact Stacee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello DVD Community!
Our DVD Student Leadership is excited to share details about our Spirit Week! Please see the flyer below for more information. The week will culminate with our first CD of the year, on Friday at 1:45 pm. Here is the schedule for next week: DVD Week 11
Parents, if you have not yet taken our survey (it takes less than 10 minutes!), we would really appreciate it if you would take the time to help us by completing it now! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/parent_survey_Fall2020
Have a restful weekend!
Hi DVD Parents and Students,
Here is a scholarship opportunity for students!
The Prudential Spirit of Community Awards honors middle level and high school students for making meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer service.Top honorees earn cash awards and an invitation to the programs national recognition events. Qualifying honorees also receive President’s Volunteer Service Awards.
Now through November 10, 2020, students in grades 5-12 are invited to apply for 2021 Prudential Spirit of Community Awards if they have volunteered within the past year.
Applications can be certified by a middle or high school principal or head of a Girl Scout council, county 4-H organization, American Red Cross chapter, YMCA, or Points of Light Global Network member.
- November 10, 2020 – Application deadline
- November 20, 2020 – Certification deadline
- February 9, 2021: Announcement of state-level judging results
- May 2021: National recognition events
For eligibility and other important information about the program click here!
To apply for the scholarship click here!
Hello Da Vinci Parents and Students,
I’m writing this to share an exciting opportunity that helps students and their parents gain access to virtual HSF College Camp programs, taking place via Zoom. This is a FREE, bilingual, webinar for students in 6th – 12th grade, and their families, where you will receive valuable information about how to prepare, plan, and pay for a college education!
HSF College Camp is tailored to address the needs of ALL middle and high school students, and their parents. Families can choose to receive information in either English or Spanish. People of all ethnicities and backgrounds are encouraged to attend.
The curriculum will be presented by subject-matter experts and will cover topics including:
- Preparing for and applying to college
- Researching financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- Understanding the real cost of a college education
- Maximizing the college experience
- Preparing for a career after college
This event is FREE and open to the public; however, space is limited. There will be three identical sessions:
- Saturday, October 24, 2020, 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. PT
- Saturday, November 7, 2020, 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. CT
- Saturday, November 21, 2020, 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET
For further event details and to register to attend, please visit: bit.ly/hsfcollegecamp.
Registration will close once capacity has been reached.
Dear Da Vinci Families,
We hope some of you had the opportunity to participate in the Great ShakeOut drill earlier this week! We have additional resources to share with you to prepare your home in the event of an earthquake. Be sure to follow these 7 steps to be even more prepared when the next earthquake strikes!
Visit EarthquakeCountry.org/sevensteps to learn more about what you can do to be prepared.
- Step 1: Secure your space by identifying hazards and securing moveable items.
- Step 2: Plan to be safe by creating a disaster plan and deciding how you will communicate in an emergency.
- Step 3: Organize disaster supplies in convenient locations.
- Step 4: Minimize financial hardship by organizing important documents, strengthening your property, and considering insurance.
- Step 5: Drop, Cover and Hold On when the earth shakes.
- Step 6: Improve safety after earthquakes by evacuating in necessary, helping the injured, and preventing further injuries or damage.
- Step 7: Reconnect and Restore daily life by reconnecting with others, repairing damage, and rebuilding community.
Estimadas familias de Da Vinci,
Esperamos que algunos de ustedes hayan tenido la oportunidad de participar en el simulacro Great ShakeOut a principios de esta semana. Tenemos recursos adicionales para compartir con usted para preparar su hogar en caso de un terremoto. ¡Asegúrese de seguir estos 7 pasos para estar aún más preparado cuando ocurra el próximo terremoto!
Visite EarthquakeCountry.org/sevensteps para obtener más información sobre lo que puede hacer para estar preparado.
- Paso 1: Asegure su espacio identificando peligros y asegurando elementos móviles.
- Paso 2: Planee estar seguro creando un plan de desastre y decidiendo cómo se comunicará en caso de emergencia.
- Paso 3: Organice los suministros para desastres en lugares convenientes.
- Paso 4: Minimice las dificultades financieras organizando documentos importantes, fortaleciendo su propiedad y considerando un seguro.
- Paso 5: Agáchese, cúbrase y agárrese cuando la tierra tiemble.
- Paso 6: Mejore la seguridad después de los terremotos evacuando si es necesario, ayudando a los heridos y previniendo más lesiones o daños.
- Paso 7: Reconecte y restaure la vida diaria reconectándose con otros, reparando daños y reconstruyendo la comunidad.
Hello DVD families!
Thank you for attending Student-Led Conferences this week. We appreciate you taking the time to engage with your student about their academic progress and goals. It has been a busy week at DVD. Here are a few updates:
- The Diversity Council presented thier first monthly webinar on Breaking Racism during Advisory.
- The LatinX Student Union celebrated LatinX Heritage Month (9/15-10/15) by creating a short video that was shown to all students this week.
- October grade-level newsletters are now posted on the grade-level sites (available on the Resources section of this site)
If you have not done so already, please take a few minutes to complete the parent and student surveys. A link to the surveys was sent via email on Monday.
Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!
Hello DVD Families!
Latinx Heritage Month is coming to a close and the National Museum of African-American History and Culture is celebrating the Latinx community!
The NMAAHC is celebrating the Latinx community by providing access to their Latinx collection online. This collection includes objects from The Chicano Movement, objects related to genres of Latin music such as calypso, latin jazz, salsa, and hip-hop.
Please join the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) in exploring these intertwined histories, traditions, and identities.
The link to the collection can be found here.
Dear Da Vinci Families,
Join your fellow Da Vincians in the world’s largest earthquake drill! Da Vinci Schools will conduct our own ShakeOut drill on Tuesday, October 20 @ 10:20 am.
Promptly at 10:20 am, students are to STOP, drop, cover and hold. Our focus this year is on earthquake preparedness at home.
Hello DVD Students and Parents,
The GRAMMY Museum is proud to offer a variety of public programming so you can enjoy musicians and industry professionals in an intimate environment for discussion and performance.
Also, the GRAMMY Museum’s education programs are going virtual! Join us as we take some of our most popular workshops online Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11AM PST. All workshops are free and open to classes and individuals with advanced sign-up! Classes such as Music Production 101, Songwriting 101, Music of the Civil Rights Movement, and Hip-Hop Culture:Past, Present, and Future will be offered to students for free! To sign up click here.
For more information and events feel free to take a look at The Grammy Museum website here.
Hello Srs…. please apply if you are eligible. The due date is October 31st.