Greetings Designers and Design Families!
This week, we are looking forward to a short but impactful week! We are preparing for the PSAT Test Day on Wed, 10/12. Thursday and Friday there is no school due to staff professional development. And, we are getting ready for Student Led Conferences (aka: SLCs) next week! Every student is expected to participate in SLCs this semester. SLCs will happen on campus unless a Zoom meeting is requested. See below for SLC schedules and details.
Last week, we wrapped up with a very special Community Dialogue in honor of Latinx/Hispanic Heritage Month! We celebrated with banda music, dancing, student performances, and games. A special shout out goes to our Latinx Student Union, Leadership team and advisor teachers for helping to coordinate this special celebration. See photos below!
Here is special schedule for Week 9 (10/10-10/14):
Student Led Conferences (SLCs): Grade Level Resources
Click links below to access SLC materials!
- 9th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Sign-Up Link (via Sign Up Genuis)
- 10th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Sign-Up Link (via Sign Up Genius)
- 11th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Schedule Link
- 12th Grade SLC Resources: Overview Letter | Sign-Up Link (via Calendly)
It is time for us to do our bi-annual parent/guardian survey! Your positive feedback and participation is important to us. Please help us learn about our successes and about where we need to grow.
- Parent/Guardian Survey Fall 2022: https://tinyurl.com/DVDParentSurvey
Upcoming Dates and Events:
- Wednesday, 10/12: PSAT/SAT Testing Day
- Thursday, 10/13 & Friday, 10/14: No School – Staff Development
- 10/17-10/21*: Student-Led Conferences (SLCs)
*SLC days are early release days: classes end at 1:45pm
- Friday, 10/28: Community Dialogue Assembly
- 10/31-11/4: Spirit Week!
College Visits (Week 9): Seniors can sign up via Naviance
- University of California-San Diego – Tue October 11, 2022
- Soka University of America – Wed October 12, 2022