Dual Enrollment: Summer and Fall 2023 Classes
Dual Enrollment classes are a great way to be competitive in the college application process by taking community college courses over the summer break and during the Fall 2023 semester. Below you will find helpful information on the Dual Enrollment process.
A message from the Dual Enrollment Office at El Camino College.
Please read the following completely and carefully:
Summer 2023 & Fall 2023
• The Class Schedules for Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 are available online: View Class Schedules
• Registration for Summer 2023 classes is scheduled to begin May 18 for K-12 students. Registration for Fall 2023 classes is scheduled to begin May 25 for K-12 students.
K-12 students must complete Steps 1-3 of the Steps for Dual Enrollment before they can Register for Classes (Step 4).Emailing us your Dual Enrollment Application Form? At this time, we are prioritizing forms for Summer 2023, regularly processed within 2-3 business days. Forms for Fall 2023 are processed within 3-5 business days. Please read below to ensure your form is complete and can be processed.
• Please make sure Sections I, II, and III are complete, including Semester and Year (e.g. Summer 2023), Grade Level, and High School Graduating Class year.
• Student, Parent, and High School Authorized Signatures must be drawn (they cannot be typed) in order to be accepted by our Admissions & Records Office.
• Students in Grades K-10 must also include Division Dean Approval on their Dual Enrollment Application form.
• Make sure you have emailed your form to us as an attachment to allow Dual Enrollment and Admissions Office staff to access your form. You will not receive an email notification when your Dual Enrollment Application form is processed. Instead, students can check the MyECC portal: after your form has been processed, all K-12 Form notifications and error messages will disappear, and the course(s) listed on your form will appear under Petitions & Waivers. See Page 5 of How to Register for Classes
Next Steps to Register:
Please refer to the Steps for Dual Enrollment on our website for support to complete Steps 3-4.
• Step 3. Clear any Prerequisites – Students are responsible for clearing any prerequisites prior to registering for classes.
• Step 4. Register for Classes – This is the last step to save your seat in El Camino College classes!
After You Register
Please read After You Register to discover how to:
• Check your registered classes
• Check your account balance
• Look up and purchase required textbooks and course materials
• Access Canvas and your @elcamino.edu email address
• Learn important dates for the term
More Information & Help
Complete steps and support for each step of the dual enrollment process can be found on our website: www.elcamino.edu/dualenrollment
Ask us anything! Dual Enrollment Zoom Help is available every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
• Tips for Dual Enrollment – NEW!
• Read FAQs about Dual Enrollment – answers to common questions for K-12 students
• A list of Popular Courses for Dual Enrollment by grade level
• Help & Events – Find online and on-campus support and upcoming and past events about Dual Enrollment
If you are a parent, know that we are unable to discuss a student’s application, dual enrollment, or registration status with anyone except the student who will be taking the class due to FERPA.