Week 25 Preview
Greetings Designers and Design Families,
This week, for our campus highlight, we are celebrating the incredible mural work done by our designers that is currently featured in the center atrium. A new semi-permanent installation in the atrium is a credit to our Ethnic Studies class. The murals were hand painted by our DVD Seniors and presented for their POLs last semester, and represent varied and diverse stories of cultural representation and finding joy in overcoming oppression. Our current installation in the glass display case was produced by our Black Student Union in commemoration of Black History Month. We are so proud of our DVD artists and achieving such beautiful, meaningful artwork.
See below for key upcoming dates and the Week 25 Bell Schedule:
Key Dates and Upcoming Events:
- Tuesday, February 28th @4:30pm: School Site Council Meeting #4
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/96326418680
- Agenda: 1) EL / Title 1 Updates, 2) School Stakeholder Survey Review pt. 2, 3) CCSPP Community Schools Grant Wish List
- Wednesday, March 1st: Coffee w/ Admin Parent Info Session
- Agenda: Fentanyl & Youth Drug Abuse Resources
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/96454378803
- Two Sessions: 8am & 5pm, via Zoom – all parents welcome!
- Week 27 (3/13 – 3/16): Student Led Conferences (minimum days)
- Friday, March 17th: NO SCHOOL – Staff Development
Week 24 Highlights: DVD Atrium Murals – Ethnic Studies Fall 2022 POLs and Black History Month 2023