Week 35 Preview: POLs are coming!
Greetings Designers and Design Families!
It’s hard to believe that there are only four more weeks of school before summer break! And of course, with the end of the semester, comes POLs! See below for key upcoming dates, and some classroom highlights from our 9th grade Fundamentals of Design class as students get ready for POLs!
Upcoming Dates & Events:
- May 11th, Wednesday (5:30pm-6:30pm): Senior Awards Night
- May 17th, Tuesday: School Site Council Meeting #3
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/92576546794Agenda: 1) ELPAC Testing Updates, 2) Review of Year 1 LCAP
- May 19th, Thursday: 9th Grade Camp Retreat
- May 19th, Thursday: Last day of Seminars
- May 20th, Friday: 9th Grade On-Campus Activity Day
- May 21st, Saturday: Senior Grad Nite
- May 23rd, Monday: POL Prep Week (No Seminars)
- May 27th, Friday: 9th Grade On-Campus Activity Day
- May 30th, Monday: NO SCHOOL – Memorial Day Holiday
- May 31st – June 7th: POL Schedules (minimum days – school ends at 1:55pm)
- June 8th, Wednesday: Last Day of School (minimum day – school ends at 1:55pm)
- June 9th: Graduation Ceremony, 5:00pm *Time Corrected* – at 201 N. Douglas St. Campus
Week 34 Classroom Highlight: 9th Grade Art POL Prep!
For this POL, students have multiple options to choose from. They can choose to revisit a skill taught previously in the year, or, they can work on a passion project! Here are just a few of the work samples from our 9th graders as they sculpt, stitch, draw, screen print, photoshop, and more!