FAFSA Workshop Recorded
Thank you to all Da Vincians who joined us on Wednesday 10/28 for our Financial Aid Workshop for Senior Families. In this workshop, we provided a step-by-step explanation of the federal student financial aid process. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) was explained along with grants, federal loans and scholarships. The session was recorded and can be found HERE.
Important Reminders and Resources on Financial Aid:
• The FAFSA opened on October 1st and is due March 2nd for CSUs, UCs, and California Community Colleges. The FAFSA deadlines for private and out-of-state universities vary. Please check their respective websites for financial aid deadlines We encourage you to apply early!
• To complete and sign a FAFSA electronically, both the student and the parent need an FSA ID. You can create your FSA ID here and here is a video on creating an FSA ID
• If you are applying to a private college, you many need to complete the FAFSA and the CSS Profile. The CSS Profile is used to assess the student for institutional aid, which may include merit-based aid. Here is a list of colleges that requires the CSS Profile.
• If you are an undocumented student, you may be eligible for the state aid and institutional aid. Please complete the DREAM Act Application to apply for these funds. Please connect with your counselor if you need support with this process.
• If you are or were a foster youth, you may qualify for the CHAFEE Grant. Please connect with your counselor if you need support with this process.
As always, please reach out to your respective counselor if you have any questions.
The DV Counseling Team