PROJECT CONSULTANCY SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Apply for a Remote Internship this Summer!
- What is it? Students will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on several real projects aligned to employer and industry needs alongside CoLabL Talent Accelerator. Please review the below documents for more information:
- How do I apply?
- Apply by JUNE 1st at 5pm
- Apply online here: https://forms.gle/FcMRTvcFrckMeWYS7
- You’ll need:
- An updated resume, saved in PDF form as “firstname_lastname_resume”
- Your cumulative GPA from PowerSchool
- A maximum one page essay describing why you would like to participate, saved in PDF form as “firstname_lastname_essay”
- Students will be informed of selection by June 8th at 5pm
- Dates: The project consultancies will run from July 6th-August 14th.
- Hours: There will be 5-10 hours/week of work. Students will work on 3 individual projects and 2 team projects during the internship.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all grade levels, but students are expected to communicate with industry partners and Natasha independent of parents/guardian. Students are expected to communicate promptly and professionally via email.
- SUMMER SCHOOL CREDIT: You will have the opportunity to earn 5 summer school credits for participating. It will reflect on your transcript as “Summer Internship Program”.
Need help with a resume?
Check out these resources below and feel free to share your resume with Natasha via Google Docs for feedback.
Questions or Concerns?
Reach out to Natasha Morrison, Dir. of Real World Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
After a very busy build season, the Da Vinci Schools world champion Robotics Team 4201: The Vitruvian Bots will be competing in the 20th Annual Los Angeles FIRST Robotics Competition — hosted at our very own campus at 201 N. Douglas Street in El Segundo this weekend, March 7-8, 2020. More than 1,100 high school students and their mentors representing 44 teams from Los Angeles, Nevada, Chile, Mexico, France, Brazil and Turkey will face off in intense competition vying for regional awards and a spot at the FIRST World Championship in April in Houston, Texas.
Team 4201 invites Da Vinci and Wiseburn students, families, staff and the local community to attend and catch the excitement of this intense competition, tour the pits to visit with teams and robots, and cheer on their favorite teams. Admission is free. Closed toe shoes are required in the pits.
> READ MORE
Pose with your best friends or model your first week of school outfit at the LRNG pop-up photo booth after school on Thursday!
WHAT: Pop-up photo booth to learn about LRNG (partnered with Southern New Hampshire University) and hosted by Da Vinci student summer interns at Friends at Work. A representative from LRNG will also be onsite to answer questions.
WHERE: Da Vinci Schools (1st floor—bottom of the stairs near cafeteria)
WHEN: Thursday after school; 3:30pm-4:30pm
DA VINCI INTERN VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nVn9HZyyaGuwxrdoV4AwvartMhoL7OJN/view?usp=sharing
This summer, Da Vinci students interned at Friends at Work, a social impact media company, to produce a video and spread awareness about LRNG’s offerings. LRNG is a part of Southern New Hampshire University that offers online courses and badges that translate to college credit. Come support the final deliverable of their internship by checking out their pop up and learning more about the LRNG program.
LRNG (partnered with Southern New Hampshire University) is a website where you pick what you love and complete badges. When you complete multiple badges, those can translate to college credits. It’s a widely diverse site that caters to different passions.
Come check it out to hear from a representative from LRNG at the LRNG photo booth pop-up on Thursday, August 22nd from 3:30-4:30pm at Da Vinci Schools.
Opportunities are live on http://www.dvrealworldlearning.com/internship-opportunities.html
- Boost your resume
- Boost your college applications
- Earn 5 Da Vinci summer school credits
- Develop real-world skills
- Explore careers
How To Apply:
- Review all open positions here
- Make your resume and a cover letter (for each position you’re interested in). Resume and cover letter resources can be found on the RWL website here.
- Apply online by April 29th using this google form. Please note: it will ask you to upload your resume and cover letter(s).
- Attend the Internship Interview Fair on May 8th from 4-5:30pm at Da Vinci Schools.
- April 29th: Applications DUE
- May 8th: Mandatory Internship Interview Fair from 4:00pm-5:30pm with companies/managers to match students with internship placements
Other Internship Details:
- DATES: Internships run from July 1st – August 9th (6 weeks)
- HOURS: 10 to 20 hours per week. Students will create schedule with their manager. Internships are typically unpaid.
- ELIGIBILITY: Students must be eligible to receive a work permit (at least 15 years old) to participate in the internship program. To receive a work permit, students are required to have no I’s and no more than 10 tardies as of April 29th
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Natasha Morrison, Director of Real World Learning at email@example.com
Interested in a PAID Summer Internship?
This is the last week to apply for internship positions with Snapchat, Fox Sports West, Headspace, Hulu, NBC Universal and more through the LA Chamber of Commerce’s Tech Talent Pipeline program. Positions include marketing, product management, IT, software engineering, operations, production, UX/UI Design, and more. More details are below about the application process.
INTERNSHIPS + REQUIREMENTS
2 types of internships:
- Employer paid (65% of total internships)
- Over 18 years old
- Right to work in U.S.
- Available at least 20 hrs/week or full time in the summer
2. City/County of Los Angeles subsidized internships
- 16-24 years old
- Resident of the City or County of Los Angeles
- Qualify as low-income (eligible for free and reduced lunch
- Available to work 20 hours/week
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- RESUME: 1 page ONLY, saved in PDF format as “Firstname_Lastname_Resume”
- RECOMMENDATION: Include the name and email of someone from your college or any organization you’re a part of who can be contacted and provide a reference.
- LINKEDIN PROFILE: You must include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Here are some tips for LinkedIn profiles.
- MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply HERE ASAP: (candidates are selected on a rolling basis…so you are more likely to get a position the earlier you apply). Make sure to have a current, error-free resume. Feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to look over before submitting.
- Complete this google form to let Natasha Morrison know you applied (she will then be able to put in good word for you)
The AT&T Hello Sunshine filmmaker Lab will bring girls to Los Angeles to learn filmmaking from the pros like Reese Witherspoon! The program is FREE and open to teenage girls, transgender or gender non-conforming youth, ages 13-18 at the time of the submission. No previous experience is required.See Reese talk about the program and apply by June 10 here: http://www.fresh-films.com/ATThellosunshine/
That’s why we want you to be part of the all-girl AT&T Hello Sunshine Filmmaker Lab, produced by Fresh Films! This summer, 20 teenage girls will spend 8 days in Los Angeles filming a TV show under the guidance of mentors and professional creators, including some from AT&T and Hello Sunshine, Reese Witherspoon’s media company. Hello Sunshine is changing the narrative for women through original storytelling that celebrates the female perspective.
Participants in this program will gain experience in video production by creating a TV show from the ground up! Also, program participants will learn from women leaders making positive change within the film and digital video industries. Apply now through June 10!
|JUNE 19-JULY 8
||SELECTED PARTICIPANTS NOTIFIED
|JULY 26-AUGUST 2
||ON-SET PRODUCTION DATES – HQ IS AT AT&T EL SEGUNDO, CA
||WRAP PARTY ON LAST DAY OF PROGRAM
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED AND THE PROGRAM IS FREE!
- Create a 90-second video of yourself answering the following question: Why do you want to be part of this program and learn how to tell stories through filmmaking?
- Fill out the online application form with the 2 additional short essay questions and upload your video essay where indicated on the form.
APPLY BY JUNE 10 HERE: http://www.fresh-films.com/ATThellosunshine/index.php
Dear DVD Students,
You are invited to attend the Reaction Research Society’s 75th Anniversary Rocket and Space Symposium on April 21st from 9:00 to 5:00 pm. There will be exhibits and presentations about topics such as engineering and STEM education. This is a great opportunity for students interested in science and engineering.
Please see the attached flyer for more details about the event. To get your free ticket, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rrs-75th-anniversary-rocket-and-space-exhibit-symposium-tickets-41935351766
rrs symposium flyer April 9
Ghetto Film School (GFS) is an award-winning nonprofit founded in 2000 to educate, develop and celebrate the next generation of great American storytellers. We identify young talent from local communities and provide them with the access, opportunity and resources to pursue creative careers, always free of charge. THE LOS ANGELES FELLOWS PROGRAM is a visual storytelling course for high school students. Fellows receive more than 1,000 hours of immersive, college-level training, learning both the art and business of cinematic storytelling and production training while getting the preparation and guidance to advance their education at top universities. The program is free of charge for all students.
- 30-month filmmaking immersion
- Instruction from leading filmmakers and industry experts
- Students visit live sets and studios
- International travel
- Students screen their films at prestigious venues
- College application advising and test prep support
- Paid internships at top media and creative companies
- Transport and meals are covered
Must be ages 14-18 at the time of application
Passionate about film, tv and media
No prior experience necessary
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 16, 2018. Speak with your counselor if you are interested in applying. LEARN MORE: GFS Flyer and GFS Website
The Fellows Program is an intensive and challenging program requiring an exceptionally high level of commitment from all participants. In addition to the 30-month class schedule, students and instructors oftentimes spend weekends and evenings at Ghetto Film School when additional time is necessary. Do not apply to this program if you are bound to any prior summer engagements. Perfect attendance is mandatory. The value of your experience depends on maintaining great dedication to our program and your fellow filmmakers.
Qualifying students will participate in a 30-minute professional interview session at our McArthur Park training space at Heart of Los Angeles (2701 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 100, Los Angeles, 90057, between LaFayette Park Place & Rampart Blvd). Required Orientation & Information Session for all accepted applicants will also take place at HOLA. Each prospective student must attend this meeting accompanied by a parent or guardian.
St. Margaret’s Center is looking for volunteers for their annual Christmas Program that will take place on Saturday, December 16th at Lennox Middle School.
They are looking for volunteers the following days:
WHEN? December 13th, 14th, and 15th: 10am – 6pm (partial days okay) or Dec. 16th(Christmas Program): 3 shifts available 1) 8:30am-1:30pm, 2) 1:00pm – 6:00pm, 3) clean up only; 5:00pm-8:00pm
WHERE? Lennox Middle School (11033 Buford Ave, Lennox, CA 90304)
WHAT? Help with the following:
- Sorting toys
- Preparing goody bags
- Helping with set up
HOW TO SIGN UP? Email email@example.com to sign up. You may call (310)67202208 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Interested in learning more about film production, editing, and working with professionals? Apply for this on-site, after school internship with Derrick Comedy Productions. You will be interning remotely with a cohort of other Da Vinci interns on projects assigned by Derrick Comedy Productions on Tuesdays from 4-8pm at Da Vinci Science.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com saved as a pdf entitled “first name_last name_resume” and “first name_last name_cover letter” by Sept. 22nd.