Week 11 Bell Schedule
DVD Parent Survey
Parents, please take 5-10 minutes to complete the Da Vinci Design Parent Survey.
Your feedback is important to us as we continuously look to improve our schools.
Grade Level Newsletters
Starting this November 2018, our grade-level teams will be issuing monthly newsletters. Some of you may have already seen these on the team webpages or Google Classrooms for September or October. Moving forward, we will release the newsletters at the start of each month. Here are samples of what you may see in upcoming months:
9th Grade Newsletter
10th Grade Newsletter
11th Grade Newsletter
12th Grade Newsletter
For any interested senior families, this coming Thursday 10/25 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm on the first floor in the MPR.
Swim Info Meeting – 10/22
*On Halloween, masks and weapon-like props are prohibited
Halloween Semi-Formal – November 1
College-Going and Career Opportunities
- Register at CSUDH.edu/SuperSaturday
- Register at oxy.edu/explore-occidental
10th & 11th graders: Go on a trip for science!
- contribute to research?
- go somewhere in nature for 2 weeks?
- not pay for it?
Then Earthwatch is for you! Apply by Dec. 2
DVD families, thank you for attending Student Led Conferences this week. We appreciate you taking the time to engage with your student about their academic progress and goals.
Week 10 (Oct 15-19) Bell Schedule
- The Great CA Shakeout Earthquake Drill will take place on Thursday 10/18 at 10:18 am. Students will review drill protocols in class.
Upcoming Events and Dates
- FAFSA Workshop – 10/25 @ 5:30 pm
- 12th Grade Parents: Da Vinci Schools will be hosting a FAFSA workshop on Thursday, October 25, 2018 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm facilitated by El Camino College. The guest speaker will give you specific instructions on how to complete the FAFSA application and you will complete a paper application to transfer the information online. Keep in mind that the application opens on October 1 and is due on March 2nd.
- Spirit Week – Oct 29-Nov 1
- No School on Friday, Nov 2 – Staff Development Day
- Exhibition – Wednesday, November 14 at 6 pm
California State University, Dominguez Hills would like to invite you and your student to the African-American College & Career Summit on Saturday, October 27, 2018. Please visit CSUDH.edu/SuperSaturday to register and for further information please see flyer below:
We’d like to invite you and your student to attend “A Day at CSUDH” on Saturday, October 20, 2018. To register please visit discover.csudh.edu/adad and for further information please see flyer below:
The College Fair in El Segundo is this Sunday, October 14, 2018. For more information please see flyer below:
DaVinci is hosting FAFSA Night for all high schools. Please see information below:
See you then!
Hello Designers, next week is Student Led Conference Week! Conferences run Monday through Thursday from 1:45-4:00. Classes run on a minimum day schedule.
Information regarding Student Led Conferences can be found in this POST.
- 10/18 – Great California Shakeout (earthquake drill)
- 10/25 – FAFSA Night, 5:30-7:00 in the MPR (1st floor)
- Week of 10/29 – Spirit Week
- 11/1 – First School Site Council Meeting for DVD
- 11/2 – PD Day for Staff
- 11/14 – Exhibition Night, 6:00 pm
Have a wonderful weekend!
Student Led Conferences – Next Week (Oct 8-11)
Information for each grade level and contact information of each lead SLC teacher is listed below. We look forward to seeing you all next week!
- Report to Room 4206
- Contact Ms. Cari Maconochie with questions (email: email@example.com)
- Report to Room 4105
- Contact Ms. Betsy Wynn with questions (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RSVP Link and Schedule
- Report to Room 4305
- Contact Mr. Austin Anderson with questions (email: email@example.com)
School Site Council Vote
Please take a few minutes to participate in our vote for school site council. We have many wonderful parent, student and staff who are interested in serving this year. Let’s support them in doing so! VOTE HERE
Bios for Candidates can be found HERE
First meeting: Thursday, November 1st at 4:15 pm
DaVinci is hosting FAFSA Night for all high schools. Please click on flyer below for more information:
See you then!