Archive for 10 Grade
Hello Students and Parents,
The Early Entrance Program at Cal State LA is the only program of its kind in the nation that matriculates qualified students as young as 11 years of age as full-time college students, enabling students to skip their remains years of secondary school and graduate with their baccalaureate degrees within 4 to 5 years.
EEP Admission: Students interested in applying for Fall 2019 must complete two steps:
- Complete an EEP Interest Form: www.calstatela.edu/eep/eep-interest-form-and-open-house-rsvp
- Take an official SAT or ACT exam, and submit qualifying test scores to the EEP by May 1, 2020. To register for this exam, visit: colereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat, and select “REGISTER.”
Looking for something to do tomorrow during the PD day when school is not in session?
There is an exciting private Basketball Clinic for Da Vinci students scheduled for tomorrow in connection with the L.A. Street Festival hosted by the LA Times. Don’t miss this opportunity to play some ball with friends and develop your skills. The free clinic is for Da Vinci students in grades 6-12 of all skill levels.
– What: Free Private Basketball Clinic for Da Vinci Students in grades 6-12
– When: Friday, Sept. 20 from 12:00-2:00 PM (arrive at 11:30 with your permission slip in hand)
– Where: On Douglas Street between Imperial Highway and Atwood Way — meet in the white tented area at 11:30
There will be giveaways to make the day extra special. If we obtain 150 student participants, all students will be entered into a raffle for the following prizes:
* Prize 1: Apple AirPods or Samsung Galaxy Buds
* Prize 2: $100 gift card to Amazon, Best Buy or Dick’s Sporting Goods
* Prize 3: $50 gift card to Amazon, Best Buy or Dick’s Sporting Goods
The private clinic is part of the first-ever L.A. Street Festival with 3×3 games, e-sports, live music, food and more!
Hope to see you there!
Hello Da Vinci Families and Students,
We will be hosting a Nutrition Workshop with our friends from UCLA Health/EXOS this upcoming Wednesday September 18th at 6:00PM at the gymnasium. This is a free workshop and you are all welcome to attend. See you there.
Hello 9th & 10th Grade Students,
The Riordan Programs’ Saturday Business Institute will be accepting applications for their program. SBI provides first-year high school students the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and begin to navigate the college application process.
The program includes:
• Four Saturday sessions at the school site
• A College Field Trip to UCLA
• College Action Plan and financial aid counseling
• Professional development workshops, including essay writing, resume writing, interviewing techniques, public speaking
• Career exploration workshops
We encourage all our Freshmen and Sophomores to take advantage of this great opportunity and get to learn what Riordan Business Institute has to offer.
Applications are available in the Counseling Office and are due on Wednesday, October 16th, please return completed application to your counselor in the counseling office. Space is limited!
Please see Pam Baker in the counseling office for application. All applications are due October 16.
We have some great news. Our Volleyball program is off to a great start this school year. Our Girls JV Volleyball team are now the Artesia Volleyball Tournament Champions. Send your love to our student athletes and awesome coaching staff.
Our next match will be this Tuesday against Animo High School. Game begins at 3:15PM @ Betty Ainsworth Gym in the city of Hawthorne.
On Wednesday we will be playing against Shalhevet at their house. Game begins at 5:30PM.
When possible, come out and support our student athletes. Our student athletes and staff always love seeing the wolfpack in full force. Check out www.maxpreps.com under Wiseburn Da Vinci for our full schedule.
If you missed out on our Cross-Country Tryouts last week, make sure to come out today and meet us at the Fit Box by the gym at 4:00PM with Coach Mar and Coach Jackson. Track Tryouts for boys this Wednesday (Aug 28th) followed by girls tryouts on Thursday (Aug 29th) at 4:00PM at the FitBox.
Make sure to follow us at www.instagram.com/wdvathletics