Week 35 Wrap Up and Week 36 Preview
Greetings Designers and Design Families!
It’s that time of year where we celebrate our Seniors and start preparing for POLs! On Wednesday, we recognized so many amazing achievements of the Class of 2023 at our Senior Awards Night! We handed out awards and scholarships for academics, leadership, student clubs and councils, excellence in design/art portfolios, and more! See below for photos from our Senior Awards Night!
Speaking of Seniors, please join us this Wednesday, May 24th, from 5pm-7pm for our Senior Showcase! ALL ARE WELCOME to this special Exhibition night for DVD Seniors by DVD Seniors! This event celebrates all of the hard work rom our Class of 2023 on their culminating senior projects. This year, the event will be held at the Zimmerman Auto Museum! See the flier here for more information – hope to see you there!
POLs are around the corner! POLs give students the opportunity to develop their speaking and presentation skills, and are an opportunity for students to reflect publicly on their learning. Because these are formal presentations, students are expected to wear formal attire. Any student in need of formal attire, please contact the front office and we will do our best to accommodate.
For specific details and schedules regarding POLs, please reach out to your student’s grade level teachers. More details coming to the blog soon.
10th Grade Design Pathways Selection Resources
“I know this has been a busy week, and that the update we shared with you on Wednesday about our lease agreement and evolving relationship with WUSD prompted many questions, concerns, and feelings. First, I want to reassure you that Da Vinci Schools are here in the community for the long-term. Second, I’m so sorry that our students, families, and prospective families are experiencing this untimely distraction at the end of the school year. We are exceptionally confident that Da Vinci Schools will be serving students here in Wiseburn for many years to come.
We launched this webpage to serve as a hub for information, and we hope it will be a useful resource for you at this time. We will add more information as we have it and we will keep you updated to that effect.” – Dr. Matt Wunder
Week 36-38 Bell Schedule: POLs May 30th-June 6th
Please note: On Friday, June 2nd, school begins at the normal time of 8:40am, NOT at 9:45am. Students should make sure to arrive on time and prepared for POLs on this day.
- Wednesday, May 24th: Coffee with Admin!
- Two sessions available via Zoom! 8am and 4:30pm
- Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/99903180949
- Agenda: 1) Real World Learning Updates, 2) 10th Grade CTE Pathways Selection Process, 3) Q&A
- Thursday, May 25th: Senior Showcase (A DVD Senior Project Exhibition)
- Monday, May 29th: NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day Holiday)
- Friday, June 2nd: Senior Grad Nite (@ Disneyland)
- Tues, May 30th – Tues, June 6th: Presentations of Learning (Minimum Days)
- Wednesday, June 7th: Last Day of School! (Minimum Day)
- Thursday, June 8th: DVD Graduation Commencement Ceremony
- Time/Location: 9am at 201 N. Douglas St Campus
Week 35 Campus Highlight: Senior Awards Night 2023