Week 38 Preview: LGBTQ Pride Month and Last Week of School!
Greetings Designers and Design Families,
Next week is the last week of the 2021-2022 school year – and summer break is right around the corner! Congrats to students for all of their hard work this week on their POLs. From presenting analysis on their student-created poetry in English 9 to completing dissections in their Biology class, students have been working hard to “show what they know” in a variety of ways.
Happy LGBTQ Pride Month! Da Vinci Schools is proud to recognize and celebrate the LGBTQ community this month, and the many ways LGBTQ folx have contributed to our world. Pride was originally focused on securing basic rights and later confronting the AIDS epidemic. Pride continues to be about creating and affirming spaces where LGBTQIA+ people can exist freely, without persecution.
We are also proud to share this summer program hosted by local non-profit Rainbow Labs.
- Program Dates: June 20 – July 31
- Program Days/Times: 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM. Mondays (In Person) & Wednesdays (Virtual.) You must attend both days.
- In Person Location: Heart Of Los Angeles, 2701 Wilshire Blvd #100, Los Angeles, CA 90057
- Overview: LGBTQ+ Youth will have the opportunity to meet other LGBTQ+ youth across Los Angeles in six weeks of fun and engaging content. Youth will learn how to tell their personal stories through our Storytelling Lab. In our Accelerator Lab, youth will team up to come up with their own business ideas to pitch to major companies such as Disney, Hilton, American and more. Throughout the whole six weeks youth will be in groups of 3-7 with two mentors
- More Information & Application: https://www.rainbowlabs.org/one-bold-summer-2022
- LGBTQ+ Youth Video: https://www.rainbowlabs.org/the-mentormentee-experience
Key Events & Upcoming Dates:
- June 6th + June 7th: POL Schedules (minimum days – school ends at 1:55pm)
- June 8th, Wednesday: Last Day of School (minimum day – school ends at 1:55pm)
- June 9th: Graduation Ceremony, 5:00pm – at 201 N. Douglas St. Campus; must have ticket to attend, and graduating Seniors should arrive at 4pm
- June 14th: Summer Session 1 begins (by referral from counselors)
Summer school forms were distributed to students this week. Click here for additional information on summer school. If your student received a summer school form, you must register for summer school. Click here for the summer school registration form.