PROJECT CONSULTANCY SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Apply for a Remote Internship this Summer!
- What is it? Students will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on several real projects aligned to employer and industry needs alongside CoLabL Talent Accelerator. Please review the below documents for more information:
- How do I apply?
- Apply by JUNE 1st at 5pm
- Apply online here: https://forms.gle/FcMRTvcFrckMeWYS7
- You’ll need:
- An updated resume, saved in PDF form as “firstname_lastname_resume”
- Your cumulative GPA from PowerSchool
- A maximum one page essay describing why you would like to participate, saved in PDF form as “firstname_lastname_essay”
- Students will be informed of selection by June 8th at 5pm
- Dates: The project consultancies will run from July 6th-August 14th.
- Hours: There will be 5-10 hours/week of work. Students will work on 3 individual projects and 2 team projects during the internship.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to all grade levels, but students are expected to communicate with industry partners and Natasha independent of parents/guardian. Students are expected to communicate promptly and professionally via email.
- SUMMER SCHOOL CREDIT: You will have the opportunity to earn 5 summer school credits for participating. It will reflect on your transcript as “Summer Internship Program”.
Need help with a resume?
Check out these resources below and feel free to share your resume with Natasha via Google Docs for feedback.
Questions or Concerns?
Reach out to Natasha Morrison, Dir. of Real World Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Design Families,
If you are finding that learning from home has been a challenge for your students, you are not alone, and we are here to support you. Please see the attached resources from our school psychologist, Lynn Rodriguez, if you are looking for helpful strategies for students who are:
Lynn offers her support, saying, “It is clear that for some homes, students doing work and logging on is not an independent task, but one that requires the family to support, encourage, and rally.”
We are in it together, Design families! If you would like other resources similar to these, feel free to reach out to Lynn at:
Greetings Design Students & Families,
Next week (May 4th-8th) is Teacher Appreciation Week! Please take a moment to celebrate as many of our fantastic teachers as possible with a short written message of appreciation. Your words of gratitude and encouragement for the Design staff will mean the world to them. Teachers help uplift us every day, and we are grateful to you for taking the time to help lift them up during this special week!
You can also share your gratitude with our teachers next week when they call to check up on their students next week during Student Outreach Days (5/4-5/5).
Want to do something EXTRA special to show our staff that you care? Make a video! Make a TikTok, recite a poem, or just share your smiling faces addressed to all of your teachers and send it to us!
Messages and videos will be collected on Monday, 5/4. Don’t delay – send them in now!
If you would like to send a short video message to all of your teachers, please record it and send it to email@example.com – thanks!
Stay safe and be well, Designers.
Dear DVD Senior Families,
Attached you will find information regarding Senior Activities for Spring 2020. For further questions, email the appropriate point person for each activity listed. Click here:
DVD Senior Activities 2020
Included is preliminary information on:
- Prom: May 15th, 2020
- Disneyland Grad Nite: June 5th, 2020
- Graduation: June 11th, 2020
As done in years past, we will be sharing this information in a short assembly with Senior students in-person when we return from Winter Break.
Happy New Year!
Hello 11th Grade Families,
On October 30th, Juniors at Da Vinci Design will participate in the PSAT Test Day.
The attached letter was sent home today during advisory. Please see the letter for further details.
PSAT Parent Letter (Fall 2019)
Da Vinci Design
Pose with your best friends or model your first week of school outfit at the LRNG pop-up photo booth after school on Thursday!
WHAT: Pop-up photo booth to learn about LRNG (partnered with Southern New Hampshire University) and hosted by Da Vinci student summer interns at Friends at Work. A representative from LRNG will also be onsite to answer questions.
WHERE: Da Vinci Schools (1st floor—bottom of the stairs near cafeteria)
WHEN: Thursday after school; 3:30pm-4:30pm
DA VINCI INTERN VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nVn9HZyyaGuwxrdoV4AwvartMhoL7OJN/view?usp=sharing
This summer, Da Vinci students interned at Friends at Work, a social impact media company, to produce a video and spread awareness about LRNG’s offerings. LRNG is a part of Southern New Hampshire University that offers online courses and badges that translate to college credit. Come support the final deliverable of their internship by checking out their pop up and learning more about the LRNG program.
LRNG (partnered with Southern New Hampshire University) is a website where you pick what you love and complete badges. When you complete multiple badges, those can translate to college credits. It’s a widely diverse site that caters to different passions.
Come check it out to hear from a representative from LRNG at the LRNG photo booth pop-up on Thursday, August 22nd from 3:30-4:30pm at Da Vinci Schools.
Dear DVD Families,
Da Vinci is once again offering an SAT/ACT Prep course to its students through PJ Test Prep, a small Test Prep and Tutoring company based in the south bay. They have been in business since 2005 and have been offering SAT/ACT prep with Da Vinci for many years and they do a great job!
The course, open to students from all DV high schools, will be two weeks, from Monday July 29th through Friday, August 9th.
There will be practice tests from 10:00am-2:10pm on:
- Monday 7/29
- Thursday 8/1
- Thursday 8/8.
The classes will run from 10:00-12:30pm:
- Tuesday 7/30
- Wednesday 7/31
- Friday 8/2
- Monday 8/5
- Tuesday 8/6
- Wednesday 8/7
- Friday 8/9.
Students are expected to attend all 10 days. The course, normally valued at $500, costs only $50 per student! Partial scholarships are available, so please don’t let the cost stop you from signing up!
Click here to sign up!
After signing up, students pay the $50 course fee to their school’s office. Please make checks out to “Da Vinci Schools” and write “Test Prep” on the memo line. Contact Liz at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or to request a scholarship.
Join us on May 24th at 7pm for a student production by the Da Vinci Theatre Program. Students have been working on scenes, monologues, and songs put together around the theme of A Lonely Heart. Many of these pieces were written by the students and we would love for you to come see their hard work and talent on display. Families and siblings welcome!
Opportunities are live on http://www.dvrealworldlearning.com/internship-opportunities.html
- Boost your resume
- Boost your college applications
- Earn 5 Da Vinci summer school credits
- Develop real-world skills
- Explore careers
How To Apply:
- Review all open positions here
- Make your resume and a cover letter (for each position you’re interested in). Resume and cover letter resources can be found on the RWL website here.
- Apply online by April 29th using this google form. Please note: it will ask you to upload your resume and cover letter(s).
- Attend the Internship Interview Fair on May 8th from 4-5:30pm at Da Vinci Schools.
- April 29th: Applications DUE
- May 8th: Mandatory Internship Interview Fair from 4:00pm-5:30pm with companies/managers to match students with internship placements
Other Internship Details:
- DATES: Internships run from July 1st – August 9th (6 weeks)
- HOURS: 10 to 20 hours per week. Students will create schedule with their manager. Internships are typically unpaid.
- ELIGIBILITY: Students must be eligible to receive a work permit (at least 15 years old) to participate in the internship program. To receive a work permit, students are required to have no I’s and no more than 10 tardies as of April 29th
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Natasha Morrison, Director of Real World Learning at email@example.com
Interested in a PAID Summer Internship?
This is the last week to apply for internship positions with Snapchat, Fox Sports West, Headspace, Hulu, NBC Universal and more through the LA Chamber of Commerce’s Tech Talent Pipeline program. Positions include marketing, product management, IT, software engineering, operations, production, UX/UI Design, and more. More details are below about the application process.
INTERNSHIPS + REQUIREMENTS
2 types of internships:
- Employer paid (65% of total internships)
- Over 18 years old
- Right to work in U.S.
- Available at least 20 hrs/week or full time in the summer
2. City/County of Los Angeles subsidized internships
- 16-24 years old
- Resident of the City or County of Los Angeles
- Qualify as low-income (eligible for free and reduced lunch
- Available to work 20 hours/week
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- RESUME: 1 page ONLY, saved in PDF format as “Firstname_Lastname_Resume”
- RECOMMENDATION: Include the name and email of someone from your college or any organization you’re a part of who can be contacted and provide a reference.
- LINKEDIN PROFILE: You must include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Here are some tips for LinkedIn profiles.
- MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply HERE ASAP: (candidates are selected on a rolling basis…so you are more likely to get a position the earlier you apply). Make sure to have a current, error-free resume. Feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to look over before submitting.
- Complete this google form to let Natasha Morrison know you applied (she will then be able to put in good word for you)