Join us on May 24th at 7pm for a student production by the Da Vinci Theatre Program. Students have been working on scenes, monologues, and songs put together around the theme of A Lonely Heart. Many of these pieces were written by the students and we would love for you to come see their hard work and talent on display. Families and siblings welcome!
Archive for Author Russell Stoll
Opportunities are live on http://www.dvrealworldlearning.com/internship-opportunities.html
- Boost your resume
- Boost your college applications
- Earn 5 Da Vinci summer school credits
- Develop real-world skills
- Explore careers
How To Apply:
- Review all open positions here
- Make your resume and a cover letter (for each position you’re interested in). Resume and cover letter resources can be found on the RWL website here.
- Apply online by April 29th using this google form. Please note: it will ask you to upload your resume and cover letter(s).
- Attend the Internship Interview Fair on May 8th from 4-5:30pm at Da Vinci Schools.
- April 29th: Applications DUE
- May 8th: Mandatory Internship Interview Fair from 4:00pm-5:30pm with companies/managers to match students with internship placements
Other Internship Details:
- DATES: Internships run from July 1st – August 9th (6 weeks)
- HOURS: 10 to 20 hours per week. Students will create schedule with their manager. Internships are typically unpaid.
- ELIGIBILITY: Students must be eligible to receive a work permit (at least 15 years old) to participate in the internship program. To receive a work permit, students are required to have no I’s and no more than 10 tardies as of April 29th
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Natasha Morrison, Director of Real World Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in a PAID Summer Internship?
This is the last week to apply for internship positions with Snapchat, Fox Sports West, Headspace, Hulu, NBC Universal and more through the LA Chamber of Commerce’s Tech Talent Pipeline program. Positions include marketing, product management, IT, software engineering, operations, production, UX/UI Design, and more. More details are below about the application process.
INTERNSHIPS + REQUIREMENTS
2 types of internships:
- Employer paid (65% of total internships)
- Over 18 years old
- Right to work in U.S.
- Available at least 20 hrs/week or full time in the summer
2. City/County of Los Angeles subsidized internships
- 16-24 years old
- Resident of the City or County of Los Angeles
- Qualify as low-income (eligible for free and reduced lunch
- Available to work 20 hours/week
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- RESUME: 1 page ONLY, saved in PDF format as “Firstname_Lastname_Resume”
- RECOMMENDATION: Include the name and email of someone from your college or any organization you’re a part of who can be contacted and provide a reference.
- LINKEDIN PROFILE: You must include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Here are some tips for LinkedIn profiles.
- MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply HERE ASAP: (candidates are selected on a rolling basis…so you are more likely to get a position the earlier you apply). Make sure to have a current, error-free resume. Feel free to send your resume to email@example.com to look over before submitting.
- Complete this google form to let Natasha Morrison know you applied (she will then be able to put in good word for you)
- If you are still in high school, you will have the opportunity to receive 5 summer school credits through participation in these internships
- To learn more about the program, please visit www.LATechTalentPipeline.com
- To see all the opportunities currently offered, check out this google folder of internships that they are recruiting for/have recruited for in the past.
- Check out the FLYER on the internship program here for more information. (also attached to this email)
- Contact Natasha Morrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email@example.com with any questions
Dear Design Families,
The purpose of this post is to inform you that today at 9:30am, the Da Vinci high schools at 201 N. Douglas St. successfully completed a shelter-in-place emergency lockdown drill. Da Vinci Design participated in this drill in coordination with the El Segundo Police Department, as well as with Da Vinci Science, Da Vinci Communications, and the administrative offices of Da Vinci Schools and the Wiseburn Unified School District. The drill lasted approximately 15 minutes, during which time the building went into a complete lockdown as it would if there was an actual emergency.
Thank you to our students and staff for your full participation and cooperation. As always, our top priority is the safety and security of our students and staff, and drills like this are important opportunities for us to practice and improve our safety and security procedures.
The El Segundo Police Department — represented by our School Resource Officers Scott Black and Joe Cameron, and two additional officers, Scott O’Connor and Jeff Darringer — observed today’s drill and participated in a debriefing session with school leaders and administrators. ESPD gave us high marks for the speed and efficiency in which students and staff were able to lockdown in classrooms. They also provided important feedback to continue to refine and improve our emergency protocols.
Please take the time to discuss today’s drill with your child. If you have any questions about this event or any safety procedures at Da Vinci Schools, please contact the front desk at your school or Vicente Bravo, Chief Administrative Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We wish to extend a special thanks to the El Segundo Police Department for their collaboration in promoting the safety of our students.
Thank you for your support in ensuring the safety of our schools.
—Da Vinci Design
Dear Da Vinci Design Families:
Every year, the Da Vinci Schools work with local first responders to plan, prepare, and practice our responses to emergency situations, including earthquake, fire, and emergency lockdowns. Since moving into the new building we have been working with our Student Resource Officers on these plans. We have an emergency lockdown drill planned for the morning of Tuesday, April 2nd. Staff is trained for how to respond to such an event and prior to this drill, procedures for students will be reviewed with them. During the drill, students will have a chance to practice the proper response if such a crisis were to occur.
During the drill, be advised that the reception desk will be temporary closed to any visitors, parents and/or students arriving during the time of the drill. No one will be allowed to enter or exit the drill. If you have any questions regarding this or the drill, please do not hesitate contact the front office of your child’s school. Thank you for your support in maintaining the safety of our students, staff and schools.
Seniors and 12th Grade Families,
Welcome Back! You’ve made it to your final semester at Da Vinci Design! We are so proud of all of the effort you’ve put in to get here, and we are excited to celebrate your hard work and graduation with you this semester.
Please see the attached document (below) for details concerning Graduation, Prom, Grad Nite, and other Senior Activities:
Note dates, contacts and point persons for each Senior Activity.
See you at Graduation!