Week 4 Preview
Greetings Designers and Design Families,
What an exciting week! Seminars are back up and running, and we had a lovely Back to School Night event. It was so great to have parents, families, and lots of alumni siblings back on campus. If you were not able to participate in Back to School Night this year, not to worry – you can find the presentations given from each grade level by clicking on the links here:
- Team 9 Slides Back to School Night Fall 2021
- Team 10 Slides Back to School Night Fall 2021
- Teams 11 & 12 Slides Back to School Night Fall 2021
Next week, we have a short week due to the Labor Day Holiday – there is no school on Monday, 9/6. See the bell schedule for the coming week below. Tuesday will be an all periods day so that students meet with all of their teachers after the long weekend.
Please take a minute to review our updated semester 1 calendar, as we have made a few changes and additions including our first School Site Council meeting on Wednesday 9/15.
The School Site Council is an opportunity for parents, students, & staff to work collaboratively to review the school program, review data and identify needs, make recommendations for the Local Control and Accountability Plan, and approve the Single/School Plan for Student Achievement.
- If you are a parent who is interested in joining the DVD School Site Council, please fill out this School Site Council Parent interest form before Wednesday 9/8.
- If you are a student who is interested in joining the DVD School Site Council, please fill out this School Site Council Student interest form before Wednesday 9/8.
All submissions will be added to a voting form that will go out to the DVD parent community on September 9. School Site Council members will be notified on Friday September 10, and the first School Site Council meeting will be held via Zoom on Wednesday, September 15. If you have any questions, feel free to send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great holiday weekend!