We are excited to announce that Donald “D.R.” Moreland has been named Athletics Director of the Wiseburn Da Vinci Athletics Program. D.R. assumed his duties last week.
D.R. has more than 20 years of experience as an administrator, athletics director, and passionate educator specializing in youth development, managing relationships across diverse populations highlighting community involvement, and a commitment to academic and athletic achievement. READ MORE >>>
Children and youth mental health issues are real, widespread, and treatable. Latest studies indicate that one in five students have mental health issues and adverse childhood experiences have been shown to have lasting harmful impacts if not addressed. Tragically, suicide remains the second leading cause of death for adolescents. Researchers have found that the rate of mental health disorders in children and youth have steadily increased over the past two decades. One recent study linked the effects of the pandemic to a 91% increase in adolescent mental health crises. Below are links to six free workshops for students and families:
Limited space. Register early.
● Not All Wounds are Visible: Race-Based Trauma and Equity-Centered Trauma-Informed Practices. Monday, May 10. 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM Register
● Disrupting the Effects of Trauma: School-based Mental Health Supports for K-12 Students. Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 4:00-4:30 PM Register
● Voices of Students: ACLU Youth Liberty Squad students exploring their thoughts and experiences on mental health in the era of COVID. Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM Register
● Wellness Wednesday! Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 6:00 PM Register
● Virtual Workshop for Caregivers/Parents: Understanding and Responding to your Child’s Mental Health Needs in the Time of COVID. Thursday, May 13, 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM Register
● Trust is the Antidote: Creating welcoming school atmospheres that allow healing and learning to happen naturally. Friday, May 14, 2021, 4:00-5:30 PM Register
It is with mixed emotions that I inform you I will be resigning as principal at the end of this academic year. It was a difficult decision as I truly feel honored to have worked with the amazing staff, students, and parents at DVD. It has been a privilege to see all our students grow over these past years and I firmly believe that our dedicated staff make this school an exceptional place for learning.
I will be working alongside the Central Office to ensure a smooth transition. If you have any questions about the leadership transition, please feel free to reach out to us at school by calling or sending an email.
Here is an amazing opportunity for students of all grade levels to participate in an online internship this summer! They will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on real projects aligned to employer needs, while participating in mentorship and upskilling workshops.
The workshops will run from July 12th – August 6th.
The deadline to apply for this internship opportunity is May 17th at 5:00PM.