Important Meal Program Updates
Dear Da Vinci Families,
We have two important Meal Program updates to share with you:
- Our Meal Pick-Up Location has changed. As of Monday, Sept. 14, FREE “grab-and-go” meals for ALL children 18 & under may be picked up at Dana Middle School, 5504 W. 135th Street, Hawthorne, from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. Da Vinci is now partnering with Wiseburn Unified to provide meals for all of our students. Free meals end Dec. 31, 2020.
- Free & Reduced Price Meal Applications are now available. Apply by Oct. 1 to be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors, provided by our generous donors. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to win some great prizes that will come in handy during distance learning! We are collecting meal applications from every single family regardless of whether you think you may qualify. We urge you to complete a meal application by Oct. 1 to help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students.
As you may have heard, California and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture have extended FREE meals for all children 18 & under through December 31, 2020 due to COVID-19. So, you may ask yourself:
Why Should I Fill Out a Meal Application?
- Free/Reduced Price Meals for the Entire 2020-21 School Year – Free meals end on December 31, 2020. Apply by Oct. 1 to receive free or reduced price meals for the remainder of the school year and to be entered into the raffle. Please apply even if you’re unsure if you’re eligible. Help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students!
- College Application and SAT/ACT Fee Waivers – Students receiving free or reduced price meals receive Common App and SAT/ACT fee waivers, saving your family potentially hundreds of dollars!
- The Chance to Win Prizes! – Complete a meal application by Oct. 1 and you will be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors. Families who have already submitted their application or have been directly certified will be automatically entered.
- Grant Eligibility – Many funders determine eligibility based on the percentage of students who qualify for free and reduced price meals. Help us qualify for more grants by completing an application today!
There are several ways to complete a meal application (choose one):
- Apply online at www.mymealtime.com. Here is a YouTube video to help guide you: https://youtu.be/PoDQUcJfAos
- Download a print application from www.davincischools.org/meals, fill it out, take a clear photo, then email it to email@example.com or drop it off at our new meal service site at Dana Middle School or at 201 N. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- You can also pick up an application at Dana or at 201. N. Douglas Street. El Segundo, CA 90245.
Don’t forget to apply by Oct. 1st to be entered into the raffle!