Week 12 Update – First Days at the New Campus!
Designers, we cannot wait to welcome you into the new building on Wednesday 11/8. Our staff has been working hard since Friday to prepare the space for our students to arrive. It is such a beautiful space, but it doesn’t feel complete without YOU!
All families should have received a mailer at home with crucial information about the new campus and the first few days. You can also find all of this information on the blog if you view previous posts.
A few reminders for Wednesday:
- DVD students should arrive no later than 8:50, ready to find their advisory teacher and head into the building when instructed to do so.
- Students will all gather in the outdoor area behind the building (on the west side of the building) prior to the start of the day. They will eventually find their advisory teacher and then be dismissed by grade level to head into the building with their class.
- Once students get to the Design (4th) floor, they will go to their advisor’s classroom, drop off their things, and get about 10-15 minutes to explore the Design floor (no others at this time).
- After exploring, students will attend advisory from 9:25-9:45 to receive a copy of their schedule with updated room numbers and a map, as well as other pertinent information for the day (stair usage, lunch info, etc.).
- Students will then follow the bell schedule below for the remainder of the day, and will have a similar schedule on Thursday 11/9.
There is NO SCHOOL on Friday 11/10 in observance of the Veteran’s Day holiday.
Also please note, the last day of seminar is Thursday, 11/9 for this semester at DVD.
The following week is EXHIBITION which will take place on Thursday 11/16 from 6-8 pm. We look forward to seeing families and community members there!