Parent Volunteers Needed for Traffic & Safety at New Campus
DV parents, we are looking for volunteers to ensure student safety in the arrival to and departure from the new campus as they navigate their new walk/commute to 201 N. Douglas for the first month or so.
We are in need of morning (8:20-9:00) and afternoon (3:30-4:10) volunteers. You are welcome to sign up for one or both as your availability allows. Optimally, you would be available daily for the time slot.
Please sign up below if you are interested in volunteering and indicate your availability:
Once we have information from all interested parties, you will be contacted regarding a meeting to review expectations and procedures. This will be held on Monday 11/6 from 3:00-4:00 pm.
What is my purpose/task as a volunteer?
- Receive a vest from DV staff prior to the shift, and return it at the end
- Report to crosswalk corners at El Segundo and Douglas (NW, NE, SE)
- Help students in making sure that crosswalk button is pressed and that all are aware of surrounding traffic
- Help students watch for drivers making right-turns
- Help students avoid jaywalking
- Help with students in need of assistance
Thank you for your support as we make this exciting transition to our new home!