Student Led Conferences – Next Week (Oct 8-11)
Information for each grade level and contact information of each lead SLC teacher is listed below. We look forward to seeing you all next week!
- Report to Room 4206
- Contact Ms. Cari Maconochie with questions (email: email@example.com)
- Report to Room 4105
- Contact Ms. Betsy Wynn with questions (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- RSVP Link and Schedule
- Report to Room 4305
- Contact Mr. Austin Anderson with questions (email: email@example.com)
School Site Council Vote
Please take a few minutes to participate in our vote for school site council. We have many wonderful parent, student and staff who are interested in serving this year. Let’s support them in doing so! VOTE HERE
Bios for Candidates can be found HERE
First meeting: Thursday, November 1st at 4:15 pm
DaVinci is hosting FAFSA Night for all high schools. Please click on flyer below for more information:
See you then!
Week 7 Bell Schedule:
Athletics Info for the week HERE
This fall, SAT/ACT Prep Classes via Ivy Prep are being offered. More info about this in previous posts (SAT and ACT). Register for this great opportunity now before spaces fill up!
On September 26th at 8:15 am in the MPR, there is an informational meeting for families about vaping with our School Resource Officers from El Segundo PD. More information can be found in this post.
Traffic Reminders from Dr. Jones:
- Douglas Street is a “No Stopping” zone that is enforced by El Segundo PD. Do not drop-off or pick-up students on Douglas Street.
- Please use the North parking lot entrance for drop-off or pick-up of students on campus.
- It is not legal to trespass on private parking lots in the properties that surround our campus. Please help us to be good neighbors. Thank You!
Lastly, congratulations to all of the students who contributed to an amazing Latinx Community Dialogue this morning! A few pictures from the event are below.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hello Seniors (and Parents),
• Are you planning on attending a California State or University of California college in 2019?
• Are you interested in receiving additional scholarship money, in addition to your Pell grant, Cal Grant and other university money that will help you pay for books, fees, emergency funds, supplies, transportation, etc.?
• Are you planning on majoring in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or business related field (including Sociology or Psychology) and have a minimum 3.0 GPA?
• Are you a first generation student?
• Would you like to participate in a program that will provide you with an advisor to help you navigate classes and resources on campus?
• Would you like to participate in a program that will provide you with a mentor who will help you find a paid internship/job in your field of study while in college?
If you answered yes to at least the first four of these questions, then the Kayne Scholars program may be for you! If you’re eligible (criteria attached based on GPA, financial eligibility, major and other criteria), please come to the Kayne Scholars information session at DaVinci Schools. If you’re not sure if you’re eligible, come to hear more about the program and ask questions. Please see click on informational flyer below for logistics:
Your Counseling Team
Dear Parents/Seniors/Juniors….Nicole Ford of Stepping in the Right Direction has shared the information below for students interested in touring HBCUs as a college choice! Please click on the flyer below. www.steppingintherightdirection.com.
Hello Designers! We had such an awesome Week 5. Between entry events and field trips for projects and exciting advisory competitions, there was a ton of positive energy on campus. Below is your update for Week 6 and beyond.
- Makeup Picture Day
- Monday 9/17
- This day is reserved for students and staff who did not get their picture taken the first time
- Latinx CD
- Friday, 9/21, 10:00-11:00
- Adjusted Friday schedule below
- There will be performances by students and a keynote speaker (a cartoonist from Cartoon Network!)
- SAT and ACT Classes by Ivy Prep
- See previous posts by counselors for more info
- Info for the Week HERE
- Winter Sports Update HERE
- Info Meeting for Boys & Girls Basketball is Monday, 9/17 at 6:00 pm in the theater
- Info Meeting for Boys & Girls Soccer is Tuesday, 9/18 at 6:00 pm in the theater
- Students should register for winter sports at athleticclearance.com
- Any questions from students or families? Direct them to Rogelio Diaz, Athletic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SLCs – Week 9
- Friendly reminder that Fall SLCs run October 8-11
- Stay tuned for information from your student’s grade-level team
Have a wonderful weekend!
Parents/Seniors/Juniors…we are excited to offer ACT Test Prep classes. Please click on image below. Sign-up TODAY!
Design Families, please see this letter for important information about vaping. We encourage you to discuss this with your child at home as well.
An informational meeting with a School Resource Officer from El Segundo PD and our Director of Student Services will be held at Da Vinci on September 26th at 8:15 am in the MPR for any interested Da Vinci families.
Hello Design families,
It was wonderful to see you all at Back to School Night this week. Thank you for attending and learning more about your student’s classes.
ATLAS Program Meeting
Meeting on Wednesday 9/12 at 6:15 pm in the Black Box Theater
More information the previous POST.
Our first emergency evacuation drill will take place on Wednesday 9/12 in the morning.
ATHLETICS INFO FOR THE WEEK: CLICK HERE
Have a great weekend!