Please see the below opportunity to participate in the FREE Youth Latinx Leadership Conference. See the info flyer below and click on THIS LINK for more info about the conference and to register to attend!
Archive for Author Natasha Morrison
Roles at SpaceX – hear from various SpaceX employees about their job
WHEN: Friday, April 16th 11:30am-12:30pm
- Will be held via Zoom
- Open to all grade levels
- Interested? RSVP for the event here by 8am on Friday, April 16th https://forms.gle/1hv8zm8oJDEpFhgT6 and you’ll be sent the Zoom link via the email you share on the form.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Natasha Morrison, Director of Real World Learning, at email@example.com
Hi Da Vinci Students and Families,
We are excited to offer internship opportunities and career experiences this summer! Due to the ongoing pandemic, most internships will continue to be remote. Companies are still determining how/when to bring their full-time staff back to in-person work, therefore are unable to host interns onsite this summer. Please see below and keep an eye out for application updates/timelines.
Summer Career Development Options:
(Students will receive 5 summer school credits for any of these options)
- Internship through the LA Chamber of Commerce Bixel Exchange LA Tech Talent Pipeline: Apply for an internship through this incredible program by June 15th. They have internship positions (paid and unpaid; virtual and in-person) at companies like Snapchat, Verizon Wireless, Kaiser Permanente, and Boingo Wireless. Find out more information and apply HERE. If you are admitted, please email Natasha so she can add you to the internship summer school programming.
- CoLabL Talent Accelerator (Project Consultancy): Students will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on several real projects aligned to employer and industry needs alongside CoLabL Talent Accelerator. The project consultancies will run from July 6th-August 6th and be 5-10 hours/week of work.
- Outside internship: Are you able to secure your own internship (this can be in-person or remote)? Let Natasha know so she can make sure you earn summer school credit for it! She will verify with the employer and onboard you onto the Da Vinci summer internship programming.
- Open to all grade levels, but students are expected to communicate with industry partners and Natasha independent of parents/guardian. Students should communicate promptly and professionally via email.
- All students applying for project consultancies or Bixel Exchange internships must have an up-to-date, error-free resume. You can view resume resources here.
- Application review will include a historical grades review
Questions or Concerns?
Reach out to Natasha Morrison, Dir. of Real World Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in a career in art + design?
Sign up for this virtual event with Otis! On April 13th at 6:30 p.m. Otis College of Art and Design is hosting a panel discussion featuring Otis alumnx professionals from creative industries in Los Angeles, including architecture, animation, product design, toy design, and graphic design. Students and their families, educators, and anyone who is curious is invited to learn more about how students can develop their creative interests into a rewarding career in a range of sectors. RSVP now.