Week 11 Bell Schedule
DVD Parent Survey
Parents, please take 5-10 minutes to complete the Da Vinci Design Parent Survey.
Your feedback is important to us as we continuously look to improve our schools.
Grade Level Newsletters
Starting this November 2018, our grade-level teams will be issuing monthly newsletters. Some of you may have already seen these on the team webpages or Google Classrooms for September or October. Moving forward, we will release the newsletters at the start of each month. Here are samples of what you may see in upcoming months:
9th Grade Newsletter
10th Grade Newsletter
11th Grade Newsletter
12th Grade Newsletter
For any interested senior families, this coming Thursday 10/25 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm on the first floor in the MPR.
Swim Info Meeting – 10/22
*On Halloween, masks and weapon-like props are prohibited
Halloween Semi-Formal – November 1
College-Going and Career Opportunities
- Register at CSUDH.edu/SuperSaturday
- Register at oxy.edu/explore-occidental
10th & 11th graders: Go on a trip for science!
- contribute to research?
- go somewhere in nature for 2 weeks?
- not pay for it?
Then Earthwatch is for you! Apply by Dec. 2
DVD families, thank you for attending Student Led Conferences this week. We appreciate you taking the time to engage with your student about their academic progress and goals.
Week 10 (Oct 15-19) Bell Schedule
- The Great CA Shakeout Earthquake Drill will take place on Thursday 10/18 at 10:18 am. Students will review drill protocols in class.
Upcoming Events and Dates
- FAFSA Workshop – 10/25 @ 5:30 pm
- 12th Grade Parents: Da Vinci Schools will be hosting a FAFSA workshop on Thursday, October 25, 2018 from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm facilitated by El Camino College. The guest speaker will give you specific instructions on how to complete the FAFSA application and you will complete a paper application to transfer the information online. Keep in mind that the application opens on October 1 and is due on March 2nd.
- Spirit Week – Oct 29-Nov 1
- No School on Friday, Nov 2 – Staff Development Day
- Exhibition – Wednesday, November 14 at 6 pm
Hello Designers, next week is Student Led Conference Week! Conferences run Monday through Thursday from 1:45-4:00. Classes run on a minimum day schedule.
Information regarding Student Led Conferences can be found in this POST.
- 10/18 – Great California Shakeout (earthquake drill)
- 10/25 – FAFSA Night, 5:30-7:00 in the MPR (1st floor)
- Week of 10/29 – Spirit Week
- 11/1 – First School Site Council Meeting for DVD
- 11/2 – PD Day for Staff
- 11/14 – Exhibition Night, 6:00 pm
Have a wonderful weekend!
Student Led Conferences – Next Week (Oct 8-11)
Information for each grade level and contact information of each lead SLC teacher is listed below. We look forward to seeing you all next week!
- Report to Room 4206
- Contact Ms. Cari Maconochie with questions (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Report to Room 4105
- Contact Ms. Betsy Wynn with questions (email: email@example.com)
- RSVP Link and Schedule
- Report to Room 4305
- Contact Mr. Austin Anderson with questions (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
School Site Council Vote
Please take a few minutes to participate in our vote for school site council. We have many wonderful parent, student and staff who are interested in serving this year. Let’s support them in doing so! VOTE HERE
Bios for Candidates can be found HERE
First meeting: Thursday, November 1st at 4:15 pm
Athletics Info for the Week HERE
SLCS are coming up in Week 9 (October 8-11)
Don’t forget to sign up for the Ivy Prep ACT and SAT Courses! Time is limited!
Professional Development Day on Friday, October 5 – no class in session.
School Photos are available. See POST about these for more info.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Week 7 Bell Schedule:
Athletics Info for the week HERE
This fall, SAT/ACT Prep Classes via Ivy Prep are being offered. More info about this in previous posts (SAT and ACT). Register for this great opportunity now before spaces fill up!
On September 26th at 8:15 am in the MPR, there is an informational meeting for families about vaping with our School Resource Officers from El Segundo PD. More information can be found in this post.
Traffic Reminders from Dr. Jones:
- Douglas Street is a “No Stopping” zone that is enforced by El Segundo PD. Do not drop-off or pick-up students on Douglas Street.
- Please use the North parking lot entrance for drop-off or pick-up of students on campus.
- It is not legal to trespass on private parking lots in the properties that surround our campus. Please help us to be good neighbors. Thank You!
Lastly, congratulations to all of the students who contributed to an amazing Latinx Community Dialogue this morning! A few pictures from the event are below.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hello Designers! We had such an awesome Week 5. Between entry events and field trips for projects and exciting advisory competitions, there was a ton of positive energy on campus. Below is your update for Week 6 and beyond.
- Makeup Picture Day
- Monday 9/17
- This day is reserved for students and staff who did not get their picture taken the first time
- Latinx CD
- Friday, 9/21, 10:00-11:00
- Adjusted Friday schedule below
- There will be performances by students and a keynote speaker (a cartoonist from Cartoon Network!)
- SAT and ACT Classes by Ivy Prep
- See previous posts by counselors for more info
- Info for the Week HERE
- Winter Sports Update HERE
- Info Meeting for Boys & Girls Basketball is Monday, 9/17 at 6:00 pm in the theater
- Info Meeting for Boys & Girls Soccer is Tuesday, 9/18 at 6:00 pm in the theater
- Students should register for winter sports at athleticclearance.com
- Any questions from students or families? Direct them to Rogelio Diaz, Athletic Director (email@example.com)
- SLCs – Week 9
- Friendly reminder that Fall SLCs run October 8-11
- Stay tuned for information from your student’s grade-level team
Have a wonderful weekend!
Design Families, please see this letter for important information about vaping. We encourage you to discuss this with your child at home as well.
An informational meeting with a School Resource Officer from El Segundo PD and our Director of Student Services will be held at Da Vinci on September 26th at 8:15 am in the MPR for any interested Da Vinci families.
Hello Design families,
It was wonderful to see you all at Back to School Night this week. Thank you for attending and learning more about your student’s classes.
ATLAS Program Meeting
Meeting on Wednesday 9/12 at 6:15 pm in the Black Box Theater
More information the previous POST.
Our first emergency evacuation drill will take place on Wednesday 9/12 in the morning.
ATHLETICS INFO FOR THE WEEK: CLICK HERE
Have a great weekend!
BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT
Families, this is a friendly reminder that Back to School Night is tomorrow, Wednesday 9/5 from 5:30-7:30 pm.
- Please report to your student’s advisory class first; there you will receive a schedule, map and PowerSchool login instructions
- Parents will attend advisory and core academic classes
- Counselors will be available in their offices to meet with families as needed
- Our resource teachers will also be available for families as needed
- Please allow ample time to park as it will be crowded!