It was great to see our students back on campus this week! We are gearing up to welcome all grade levels on Monday for academic support in the morning and grade-level connection activities in the afternoon. If you do not know if you are scheduled to come to campus, please reach out to me (email@example.com).
As a reminder, students participating in on-campus activities should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled start times having already completed this Health Screening Check-in link. All students participating in on-campus activities are invited to take a free “grab & go” lunch and are encouraged to bring a water bottle with them.
Enjoy your weekend!
Hello DVD Students and Families,
Next Friday April 23rd, UCLA Bruin Ambassador, Connor Ching, will be holding a virtual presentation on UCLA that will encompass the following topics:
- The different UC campuses
- Financial aid and scholarships in the UC system
- Admissions requirements common to all UC schools.
If you are a junior student that is potentially interested in applying to UCLA or another UC school in fall of 2021 as a then senior. Please feel free to attend this virtual presentation to learn more about UCLA and what to look out for as you go into your senior year! No Sign up required. See information below.
Date/Time: Friday, April 23rd from 5-6 pm
Zoom link: https://ucla.zoom.us/j/97943892873
Please see the below opportunity to participate in the FREE Youth Latinx Leadership Conference. See the info flyer below and click on THIS LINK for more info about the conference and to register to attend!
Roles at SpaceX – hear from various SpaceX employees about their job
WHEN: Friday, April 16th 11:30am-12:30pm
- Will be held via Zoom
- Open to all grade levels
- Interested? RSVP for the event here by 8am on Friday, April 16th https://forms.gle/1hv8zm8oJDEpFhgT6 and you’ll be sent the Zoom link via the email you share on the form.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Natasha Morrison, Director of Real World Learning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Da Vinci Students and Families,
We are excited to offer internship opportunities and career experiences this summer! Due to the ongoing pandemic, most internships will continue to be remote. Companies are still determining how/when to bring their full-time staff back to in-person work, therefore are unable to host interns onsite this summer. Please see below and keep an eye out for application updates/timelines.
Summer Career Development Options:
(Students will receive 5 summer school credits for any of these options)
- Internship through the LA Chamber of Commerce Bixel Exchange LA Tech Talent Pipeline: Apply for an internship through this incredible program by June 15th. They have internship positions (paid and unpaid; virtual and in-person) at companies like Snapchat, Verizon Wireless, Kaiser Permanente, and Boingo Wireless. Find out more information and apply HERE. If you are admitted, please email Natasha so she can add you to the internship summer school programming.
- CoLabL Talent Accelerator (Project Consultancy): Students will work with a team of other Da Vinci students and corporate mentors on several real projects aligned to employer and industry needs alongside CoLabL Talent Accelerator. The project consultancies will run from July 6th-August 6th and be 5-10 hours/week of work.
- Outside internship: Are you able to secure your own internship (this can be in-person or remote)? Let Natasha know so she can make sure you earn summer school credit for it! She will verify with the employer and onboard you onto the Da Vinci summer internship programming.
- Open to all grade levels, but students are expected to communicate with industry partners and Natasha independent of parents/guardian. Students should communicate promptly and professionally via email.
- All students applying for project consultancies or Bixel Exchange internships must have an up-to-date, error-free resume. You can view resume resources here.
- Application review will include a historical grades review
Questions or Concerns?
Reach out to Natasha Morrison, Dir. of Real World Learning, at email@example.com
Hello 11th Grade Parents,
It’s family meeting time! We will be having small group family meetings to discuss college preparation, the application process, Naviance, and other important information to get your student prepared for their senior year of high school. This will also be an opportunity for us to answer any questions that you may have.
Below are the links to sign up for the family meetings with their assigned counselor.
Thank you and we are excited to meet with you all!
– DVD Counseling Team
Pam Baker (Last names A-Gl):Click here to sign-up for Pam’s meeting.
Nicole Tafoya (Last names Go-O): Click here to sign-up for Nicole’s meeting.
Cesar Gonzalez (Last names P-Z): Click here to sign-up for Cesar’s meeting.
We would like to share an opportunity for Senior students to participate in Black Student Success Week, were presenters will share insights and innovative approaches for improving success among Black and African American students at California Community Colleges.
During the week of April 26-30th from 12pm-1pm, The Black Hour will address the following topics:
Monday, April 26 – Follow the Money: Unapologetically Supporting Black Students
Tuesday, April 27 – The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) Journey for African American Students
Wednesday, April 28 – Black Leadership in Higher Education
Thursday, April 29 – Legislative Briefing and Advocacy Day
Friday, April 30 – Faculty Diversity
For registration click here
For more information and updates Black Student Success Week, you can follow @cablackstudents on Twitter and Instagram
Interested in a career in art + design?
Sign up for this virtual event with Otis! On April 13th at 6:30 p.m. Otis College of Art and Design is hosting a panel discussion featuring Otis alumnx professionals from creative industries in Los Angeles, including architecture, animation, product design, toy design, and graphic design. Students and their families, educators, and anyone who is curious is invited to learn more about how students can develop their creative interests into a rewarding career in a range of sectors. RSVP now.
Greetings DVD Families,
We cannot wait to welcome students back to campus beginning the week of April 12th after Spring Break! Following the professional development day on Monday, April 12th, our virtual instruction schedule for Week 30 will continue with one slight change. Advisory will now take place from 12:15-1:00 pm.
Families whose students are scheduled for on-campus instructional activities received their schedules on March 25th and will soon be receiving an email from the Da Vinci Schools Central Office with all the details regarding our on-campus health and safety procedures and protocols. Please review the following protocols with your student: DV Students: COVID Symptoms, Prevention and Tracing.
We hope that your families have a restful and safe spring break, and we look forward to welcoming students back on campus the following week!
Hello Parents and Students,
The Academy of Art University is offering a plethora of free online art classes during their Pre-College Art Experience (PCAE) program this summer. The summer semester will start in the beginning of July and they will be offering 39 different courses for students to take. Besides the wonderful opportunity to take free art classes, every student will receive a $1,000 Academy of Art scholarship for each class they pass if they end up attending the Academy of Art one day.
The summer term begins July 5, 2021 – August 14, 2021 (for Summer you can take up to 3 classes).
To view the application and for more information on this program, please visit this website.