Hello DVD Families and Students,
I wanted to inform you that this Thursday, October 1 at 6pm, we will be hosting an information session for students and parents that are interested in taking Dual Enrollment courses at El Camino College. As a reminder, through Dual Enrollment students can enroll in El Camino College classes while still in high school to earn high school and college credit at the same time.
Here is the flyer for more information: Dual Enrollment 2020-21 Info Session
Please use this link to register for this session.
Hello DVD Families!
Our Week 7 Schedule is posted here, along with information about our first ELAC meeting.
Please join us for our first meeting of the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) on Monday, September 28, at 3:00 pm. All schools with 21 or more ELs must have an active ELAC per state law. ELAC is a parent advisory committee that is responsible for advising the principal and School Site Council on our school’s EL programs and provides feedback on our school’s plan–the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)–through recommendations regarding the needs of our EL students. Click here for the ELAC agenda and zoom meeting link: ELAC 2020 Meeting
Nuestra primera reunión del Comité Asesor de Estudiantes de Inglés (ELAC) se iniciará el lunes 28 de septiembre, a las 3:00 pm. Todas las escuelas con 21 o más alumnos EL es requerida de tener un Comité asesor sobre los aprendices de inglés (ELAC) activo. ELAC es un comité responsable de aconsejar a la directora y al Concilio Escolar sobre los servicios que ofrecemos a los alumnos EL y brindar recomendaciones acerca de las necesidades de todo alumno EL de la escuela que serán parte de nuestro Plan Escolar (SPSA) de este año. Aqui esta el agenda y el linc para entrar a la junta: ELAC 2020 Meeting
Da Vinci Families, we have two important Meal Program updates to share with you:
You may pick up FREE “grab-and-go” meals for ALL children 18 & under at Dana Middle School, located at 5504 W. 135th Street in Hawthorne, from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. Da Vinci is now partnering with Wiseburn Unified to provide meals for all of our students. Free meals end on Dec. 31, 2020.
Second, please complete a meal application to ensure your child receives free or reduced price meals for the entire school year. Apply by Oct. 1 to be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors, provided by our generous donors! If you have already submitted an application or have been directly certified you will automatically entered in the raffle. We are collecting meal applications from every single family regardless of whether you think you may qualify. Complete a meal application by Oct. 1 to help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students!
Apply online at www.mymealtime.com, download an application from the Da Vinci website at www.davincischools.org/meals, or pick up a meal application from Dana Middle School or at the high school campus at 201 N. Douglas Street.
We thank you!
Hello DVD Senior families,
This upcoming week Colleges That Change Lives will be hosting 4 days of presentations and information sessions with 42 Colleges That Change Lives. This is free for students and their parents. This is a great opportunity to learn more about these schools and attend information sessions on the college application process.
Colleges That Change Lives, Inc. (CTCL) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and support of a student-centered college search process. We support the goal of every student finding a college that develops a lifelong love of learning and provides the foundation for a successful and fulfilling life beyond college.
Students should register for each session that they want to attend. Once they register, they’ll receive a confirmation email with their unique link to join the Zoom webinar.
The dates for these presentations are September 27-30, 2020.
The website with the registration links and the schedule can be found here.
Happy Monday! We will be returning to our regular schedule this week. As a reminder, advisory begins at 12:30 pm.
Hello DVD families,
Here is some information on UCLA’s annual Fall Open House for prospective freshman and transfer students!
Virtually explore UCLA via social media and a series of live interactive events to include:
- Freshman, Transfer & International Admission Sessions
- Live Virtual Campus Tours (English & Spanish)
- Financial Aid & Housing Presentations
- Academic Departments & Progrms
- Support Services & Live Student Panels
Recorded sessions will also be available to all registrants. Registration is required, so please secure your reservation using the link below:
For registration link click HERE
When: Monday-Saturday October 5-10, 2020
Monday-Friday: 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday: 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Flyer: UCLA Virtual Fall Open House
DVD is seeking input from students, staff, families, and community members on the initial draft of the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan. The purpose of this plan is to describe how DVD will address the impacts of COVID-19 and maintain continuity of student learning in the coming year. The final document will include our plans for:
- Providing distance learning and, when public health conditions allow, in-person instruction
- Measuring student progress and participation and address learning loss
- Providing supports for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, Students with Unique Needs, and Low-income students
- Ensuring access to devices and connectivity
- Providing resources and supports to address student and staff mental health and social emotional well-being
- Student and family engagement and outreach to reengage students who are absent, unengaged, or at risk of learning loss
- Providing school meals for students during distance learning and in-person instruction
- Increasing/improving services for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, and Low-Income students
DVD values stakeholder voice and input. This input will be used to guide revisions. A draft will be presented in a public hearing on Friday September 25, 2020 8:00-9:00 a.m. via zoom link https://zoom.us/j/91367888850 and the final draft will be presented for adoption at the September 30, 2020 6:00 p.m. board meeting.
All stakeholders are encouraged to provide comments on the Draft Plan. The Draft Plan and comment forms can be accessed at the links below.
REVIEW THE DRAFT PLAN LINKED HERE
SUBMIT YOUR COMMENTS
Comments can be submitted using one of the following google forms
English Comment Form LINKED HERE
Spanish Comment Form (Formulario de comentarios en español) HAGA CLIC AQUI
Si tiene preguntas sobre el Plan de Continuidad de Aprendizaje y Asistencia de DVD o del formualario de comentarios, favor de comunicarse con Veronica Rodriguez, directora de Da Vinci Design (email@example.com).
Hello DVD families and students,
Here is some information on a website called TeensVolunteer.org, which helps California teens find volunteer opportunities. TeensVolunteer.org is a free service that lists more than 400 opportunities, including ones conducted in-person in the Los Angeles area and ones conducted virtually.
For more info please feel free to visit their website at teensvolunteer.org.
100% free, online portfolio reviews!
Due to ongoing health and safety concerns surrounding COVID-19, the National Portfolio Day Association has made the decision to move all events online into a virtual event for the upcoming season.
Please feel free to visit the virtual Laguna College of Art + Design (LCAD) booth on November 15, 2020 from 9am-1pm (Pacific Time).
All virtual NPDA events will be online at www.nationalportfolioday.live. For more information about National Portfolio Day please visit www.nationalportfolioday.org.
Dear Da Vinci Families,
We have two important Meal Program updates to share with you:
- Our Meal Pick-Up Location has changed. As of Monday, Sept. 14, FREE “grab-and-go” meals for ALL children 18 & under may be picked up at Dana Middle School, 5504 W. 135th Street, Hawthorne, from 11:30AM to 1:00PM. Da Vinci is now partnering with Wiseburn Unified to provide meals for all of our students. Free meals end Dec. 31, 2020.
- Free & Reduced Price Meal Applications are now available. Apply by Oct. 1 to be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors, provided by our generous donors. Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to win some great prizes that will come in handy during distance learning! We are collecting meal applications from every single family regardless of whether you think you may qualify. We urge you to complete a meal application by Oct. 1 to help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students.
As you may have heard, California and the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture have extended FREE meals for all children 18 & under through December 31, 2020 due to COVID-19. So, you may ask yourself:
Why Should I Fill Out a Meal Application?
- Free/Reduced Price Meals for the Entire 2020-21 School Year – Free meals end on December 31, 2020. Apply by Oct. 1 to receive free or reduced price meals for the remainder of the school year and to be entered into the raffle. Please apply even if you’re unsure if you’re eligible. Help us maximize funding for all Da Vinci students!
- College Application and SAT/ACT Fee Waivers – Students receiving free or reduced price meals receive Common App and SAT/ACT fee waivers, saving your family potentially hundreds of dollars!
- The Chance to Win Prizes! – Complete a meal application by Oct. 1 and you will be entered into a raffle to win one of 7 Portable Bluetooth Speakers and 7 24” Gaming Monitors. Families who have already submitted their application or have been directly certified will be automatically entered.
- Grant Eligibility – Many funders determine eligibility based on the percentage of students who qualify for free and reduced price meals. Help us qualify for more grants by completing an application today!
There are several ways to complete a meal application (choose one):
- Apply online at www.mymealtime.com. Here is a YouTube video to help guide you: https://youtu.be/PoDQUcJfAos
- Download a print application from www.davincischools.org/meals, fill it out, take a clear photo, then email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at our new meal service site at Dana Middle School or at 201 N. Douglas Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
- You can also pick up an application at Dana or at 201. N. Douglas Street. El Segundo, CA 90245.
Questions? Please visit www.davincischools.org/meals or email us at email@example.com
Don’t forget to apply by Oct. 1st to be entered into the raffle!