VistaMar School will be hosting their Multi-Cultural College Fair October 14, 2018 from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. Designers are always invited and we suggest all grades levels attend. It is never too early to begin gathering information on colleges. Please click on the flyer below for more information:
Athletics Info for the Week HERE
SLCS are coming up in Week 9 (October 8-11)
Don’t forget to sign up for the Ivy Prep ACT and SAT Courses! Time is limited!
Professional Development Day on Friday, October 5 – no class in session.
School Photos are available. See POST about these for more info.
Have a wonderful weekend.
DaVinci is hosting FAFSA Night for all high schools. Please click on flyer below for more information:
See you then!
Week 7 Bell Schedule:
Athletics Info for the week HERE
This fall, SAT/ACT Prep Classes via Ivy Prep are being offered. More info about this in previous posts (SAT and ACT). Register for this great opportunity now before spaces fill up!
On September 26th at 8:15 am in the MPR, there is an informational meeting for families about vaping with our School Resource Officers from El Segundo PD. More information can be found in this post.
Traffic Reminders from Dr. Jones:
- Douglas Street is a “No Stopping” zone that is enforced by El Segundo PD. Do not drop-off or pick-up students on Douglas Street.
- Please use the North parking lot entrance for drop-off or pick-up of students on campus.
- It is not legal to trespass on private parking lots in the properties that surround our campus. Please help us to be good neighbors. Thank You!
Lastly, congratulations to all of the students who contributed to an amazing Latinx Community Dialogue this morning! A few pictures from the event are below.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hello Seniors (and Parents),
• Are you planning on attending a California State or University of California college in 2019?
• Are you interested in receiving additional scholarship money, in addition to your Pell grant, Cal Grant and other university money that will help you pay for books, fees, emergency funds, supplies, transportation, etc.?
• Are you planning on majoring in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) or business related field (including Sociology or Psychology) and have a minimum 3.0 GPA?
• Are you a first generation student?
• Would you like to participate in a program that will provide you with an advisor to help you navigate classes and resources on campus?
• Would you like to participate in a program that will provide you with a mentor who will help you find a paid internship/job in your field of study while in college?
If you answered yes to at least the first four of these questions, then the Kayne Scholars program may be for you! If you’re eligible (criteria attached based on GPA, financial eligibility, major and other criteria), please come to the Kayne Scholars information session at DaVinci Schools. If you’re not sure if you’re eligible, come to hear more about the program and ask questions. Please see click on informational flyer below for logistics:
Your Counseling Team
Dear Parents/Seniors/Juniors….Nicole Ford of Stepping in the Right Direction has shared the information below for students interested in touring HBCUs as a college choice! Please click on the flyer below. www.steppingintherightdirection.com.
Hello Designers! We had such an awesome Week 5. Between entry events and field trips for projects and exciting advisory competitions, there was a ton of positive energy on campus. Below is your update for Week 6 and beyond.
- Makeup Picture Day
- Monday 9/17
- This day is reserved for students and staff who did not get their picture taken the first time
- Latinx CD
- Friday, 9/21, 10:00-11:00
- Adjusted Friday schedule below
- There will be performances by students and a keynote speaker (a cartoonist from Cartoon Network!)
- SAT and ACT Classes by Ivy Prep
- See previous posts by counselors for more info
- Info for the Week HERE
- Winter Sports Update HERE
- Info Meeting for Boys & Girls Basketball is Monday, 9/17 at 6:00 pm in the theater
- Info Meeting for Boys & Girls Soccer is Tuesday, 9/18 at 6:00 pm in the theater
- Students should register for winter sports at athleticclearance.com
- Any questions from students or families? Direct them to Rogelio Diaz, Athletic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SLCs – Week 9
- Friendly reminder that Fall SLCs run October 8-11
- Stay tuned for information from your student’s grade-level team
Have a wonderful weekend!
Parents/Seniors/Juniors…we are excited to offer ACT Test Prep classes. Please click on image below. Sign-up TODAY!
Parents/Seniors/Juniors… we are excited to offer SAT Prep classes below. Please click on the image below. Sign-up TODAY!