Week 26 Update – College Field Trips, Summer Internships…
Design families, thank you for carving out the time to attend SLCs and hear about your student’s progress. We had 95% of families attend an SLC, which is incredible and we were so excited to see that data come through this morning. We are so grateful for the amazing investment our school community, and our families in particular, have in student success here at DVD!
Parents, many of you already have, but if you didn’t get a chance to fill out the DVD Parent Survey for this Spring at your SLC, the link is still open and you can do so here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/dvdparentspring17
College Field Trips are coming up next week!
- Grade 9 – Tuesday 3/7
- Grade 10 – Wednesday 3/8
- Grade 11 – Thursday 3/9
Opportunities for Paid Summer Internships
1. LA Youth at Work is recruiting High School juniors and seniors for paid summer internships with Metro or in Health Care. *The students must register to attend 3 sessions. The first session is the Job Skills Workshop at USC on Saturday, March 4th from 9am-12pm.
· Students must also be 16 years old and eligible to work in the US.
· Internship dates/times are: June 14-August 11th from 8am-5pm
2. LA Metro is hiring high school students to be a part of their Transportation Career Academy Program (TCAP) to learn about careers in transportation. Students must be:
- 16-19 years old
- Juniors or seniors
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Eligible to work in US
- Available to work seven hours a day, five days a week, during the seven week program
· Internship dates/times:
- June 19th- August 4th, Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
- To apply: Upload resume and transcripts by Tuesday, March 14, 2017