Designers, this week brings a few volleyball games, the Welcome Back Kickback event, and staff development Friday, which means no class in session for students.
Tickets for Kickback entry only are $3, or you can purchase a $5 combo ticket for entry and food. Tickets will go on sale Monday 9/19 in the blacktop area between DVD and DVC.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Musicians! If you have had any experience playing in a Concert Band or String Orchestra before, please consider joining our Wiseburn-Da Vinci Jazz Ensemble. We perform a diverse repertoire of music from Rock and Pop to Jazz and Latin for several concerts, festivals, and various DV events throughout the year. If you are interested or curious, please join us on Friday, September 16th from 8-9:30am, in the DVS Forum. We will have details about the program, and info regarding borrowing/renting instruments. Please email Toby Harwell at email@example.com with any questions
Overnighter Slideshow and 9th grade Family Meeting PowerPoint
Thank you to all of our freshman families who attended the 9th grade info meetings this week. If you were unable to attend, or would simply like another copy of the presentation, you can access it here: grade-9-family-meetings-2016-17
If you like to see some highlights from the Freshman Overnighter, you can access the slideshow here: https://vimeo.com/182743930
SSC Voting Link
We have many wonderful new nominees (parents, staff and students!) for Da Vinci Design’s School Site Council! Parents, students and staff, please take a moment to vote for those who will be representing your school site for the next two years using the link here: School Site Council Voting Link 2016-17
We want to maintain a safe drop off and pick up zone for our students and the neighborhood at large. Please make note of the following traffic reminders:
- Please remind your students to use the crosswalks instead of crossing in the middle of the street.
- For those family members picking up students, please make note that there are no stopping zones where the curb is red, so students cannot be dropped off or picked up there.
- Lastly, any Uber or Lyft pick ups or drop offs should be done a block or two away from the school rather than in the cone lane.
- CSF Applications(California Scholarship Federation) http://csf-cjsf.org/
- 10th-12th are eligible to apply
- Based on Spring 2016 semester grades (report card or transcript MUST be attached to application
- Lunch meeting 9/14 in Korey’s room (105) for students needing assistance filling out the application
- Applications are available outside Nicole’s office and also here
- Applications are to be turned in to the crate outside Nicole’s office door
- There is no minimum GPA but eligibility is based on points
- CSF Student Advisors Needed!
- 10th grade only
- Anyone interested in being a 10th grade student advisor must fill out a separate application and return it to Nicole no later than 9/23/16 3:55
- Applications can be found here 10thgradecsfadvisorapplication and outside Nicole’s office
- 2 advisors will be chosen
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Designers, thanks for an awesome Community Dialogue today! Your advisory swag was on point and we are loving all the positive energy.
Below is your Week 5 Update. Picture Day is Friday, and it will also be the last week to submit a seminar change request form.
Freshman families, please remember to sign up for your 9th grade family meetings. You can do so at the following link: http://tinyurl.com/DVDfreshmen
Have a wonderful weekend.
Seniors! Don’t miss the free FAFSA workshops that are going to be held on DV Design’s campus in conjunction with El Camino College’s Financial Aid rep, Lizet Salazar. Our workshops coincide with the early opening of FAFSA (it opens on October 1). Two dates available:
- Monday October 10th 5:30pm-7pm
- Wednesday November 9th 5:30-7pm
Both days the workshop will take place in Patrick Hidalgo’s Room, 208. Come on time to get a computer- if you arrive after 6:30pm we cannot guarantee that you will get your FAFSA completed and submitted that evening- doors will be locked at 7pm.
Important! Please apply for and get your FSA PIN before attending. Do this at least a week in advance. Receiving you FSA PIN beforehand will allow you to sign and submit the FAFSA in it’s entirety the evening you attend. Go to : https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm
Designers, we hope you had a wonderful 3 day weekend. Seminars start in Week 4! You will receive your schedule with those courses tomorrow afternoon. We also have the Club and Service Learning Fair this Friday where you can find out how to be further involved both on campus and in the surrounding community.
Freshmen families, please make sure to sign up for a family meeting next week at the link below:
Freshman Family Meeting Sign-Up Link Fall 2016