Internship Opportunity and Other Events
Torrance Memorial Hospital Internship
Calling all Da Vinci students with an interest in health sciences! You can apply for a volunteer program with Torrance Memorial Hospital – application deadline is August 31st!
- Must be at least 14 years of age and in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade at the time of orientation (no 12th graders)
- Must be able to commit to volunteering for a full one year of service with either a weekly 2 hour assigned shift during the weekdays or a 4 hour assigned shift on alternating weekends in their Escort Services department. View the High School Student Volunteer Program Information Sheet for more information.
1. Complete the PRE-APPLICATION as soon as it is available:
–Pre-Application available: Monday, August 29, 2016 at 10:00am
-Pre-Application due by: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 by 5:00pm
2. Top candidates will be invited to attend a Student-Parent information meeting on:
September 21, 2016 6:00pm-7:00pm or
September 29, 2016 6:00pm to 7:00pm (only one meeting is required)
3. If you are selected, you must be able to attend a Student Orientation on:
October 17 and October 19, 2016 from 5:00pm to 7:30pm (attendance is required both days)
Contact the Volunteer Services Department at Torrance Memorial for more information at 310-517-4752 or email@example.com. If you need help with the application process, please contact Natasha Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fifth Annual Mars Rover (& Juno!) Updates & LA/OC Societies Expo!
WHEN: Sat, Sept 10, 2016 (from 11am to 5pm)
WHERE: Northrop-Grumman “S-Cafe”, Redondo Beach, CA (just off 405 & Green Line METRO!)
AUDIENCE: Jr High/High School/College Students & Parents & Interested Adults!
1pm-2:30pm: Opening Ceremonies & Short & Local STEM Society Briefings
2:30pm-3pm: BREAK (Visit Tables (with donated Water & Snacks!)” & “Mars Rover Museum”
3pm-4:30pm: Mars Rover & Juno Updates (by returning NASA-JPL Lead Engineer!)
4:30pm-5pm+: Q&A & “Space” Raffle (via Society Donations!)