CLASS OF 2016—It’s here! Only nine more months to graduation day, so let’s get ready to send our students off to college!
This Senior Night workshop is for parents of the graduating Class of 2016. The Counseling team from Da Vinci Design will be on hand to provide information on how to answer the following questions:
-How does my student apply to college?
-How many colleges should they apply to?
-How difficult is it to get into college in 2016?
-Is my student eligible to apply to a UC or Cal State college?
-How difficult is it to get accepted into colleges like UCLA, UC Berkeley, Stanford, USC?
-How many letters of recommendation does my student need for college?
-Is it more expensive to attend an out of state college?
-How do we get scholarships for college?
-When do I apply for financial aid, grants, scholarships for college?
We will be answering these and many more questions at our annual Senior Night for Parents and Students. Details as follows:
Date: Thursday, September 17, 2015
Place: Ms. Carmen Garcia’s College Writing classroom
Who: Students and parents are encouraged to attend
No need to RSVP—we will be there to answer your questions and to help you understand what is in store this year for your graduating senior! We’re here to help you navigate the college admissions process with your students and to keep everyone calm and well informed!
Thanks and see you there!
Counseling team: KGB, Erin & Nicole
Tomorrow night is a family association meeting from 5:30-6:30pm in Jennifer Hou’s room (#203). Megan Martin will give a general school update, Thomas will share a sports and traffic update, and then we will ask parents to sign-up for volunteer opportunities.
If you cannot attend the meeting, please do not worry. We will post all important information on the blog.
Please click here to RSVP.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow night!
Please let your students know that make-up picture day with Stacee Lianna is Tuesday, September 29th at Da Vinci Design.
Happy Friday, Designers. We hope you were able to keep cool this week! Below is your Week 5 update. Please join us for the Family Association Meeting on Tuesday at 5:30 pm, and SENIOR families, don’t miss the Senior College Info Night on Thursday! Have a wonderful weekend.
• More information: CSF (California Scholarship Federation) http://csf-cjsf.org/
• Only 10-12th grade students are eligible to apply (9th graders can apply next
semester after they have DVD grades).
• Based on Spring 2015 semester grades (grades MUST be attached to
• Lunch meeting 9/18 in room 205 if students need help filling out the
• Applications are available here —-> CSF_Student_Application- or outside Nicole’s office (CSFCourseOfferings, CSF Application Directions)
• Applications are to be turned into the crate outside Nicole’s door
• There is no magic GPA but students need to have had majority A/B’s …..eligibility
is based on points
• Students can see Nicole if they have any additional questions
Hello, Designers! Just a few reminders for tomorrow:
Club Fair after lunch!
- Meet individuals from organizations you can complete your volunteer hours with
- Learn about all the clubs on campus and join one or two!
Last Day for Seminar change request submissions is tomorrow, Friday 9/11.
- Pick up a change request form in the front office or the principal’s office
- You can turn them into the principal’s office during lunch, passing periods, or after school.
- We will do our best to accommodate any change requests, but please be aware some seminars may be full and at complete capacity.
See you in the morning!
Hello, Designers! Happy Friday.
We just returned from yet another amazing Freshman Overnighter experience with our 9th graders up at Camp Conrad Chinnock. Thank you to all of our student leaders and staff members who make that trip possible!
Seminars begin on Tuesday, 9/8. Please be aware that PowerSchool will limit student and parent access until Tuesday afternoon due to schedule changes/additions that will be made over the weekend for seminars. Students will receive seminar enrollments during their Period 10/12 class on Tuesday. If you did not sign up yet, you still can, but know that you will most likely not receive your preference if that seminar is already full. See blog post and link from Monday, 8/31.
Reminder – no school Monday 9/7 for the Labor Day Holiday!
Friday 9/11 will be the Club and Service Learning Fair! It will take place in the afternoon, special schedule will be posted soon. Come and learn about all the clubs on campus, sign up for a few, and also learn about some opportunities to get your service hours!
Thank you to those who showed interest in the DVD School Site Council.The DVD School Site Council is a group of students, staff, and parents that meet quarterly to discuss and advise the program direction for Da Vinci Design High School. The purpose of this survey is to vote on those who were newly nominated for the site council for this school year in addition to already existing members.
Da Vinci Design families, if you have a moment, please click on the following link to vote for the new School Site Council Members: http://goo.gl/forms/MB07JfiQMa
Enjoy your 3 day weekend and we will see you on Tuesday!